Keeps restarting.

j00

Inactive User
Reaction score
My cbale modem keeps restarting randomly, sometimes it will be fine for hours others it will do it for a longer while.

Is it a signal issue?

Frequency 402750000 Hz Locked
Signal to Noise Ratio 32 dB
QAM 256
Network Access Control Object ON
Power Level -19 dBmV
The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading

Moto 4100

Signal to noise ratio is rather low, also the power level is quite high.

That will be why your modem is rebooting and disconnecting occasionally.

I'd give Virgin a call and make sure the subbed modem is plugged in should they come round and check, either they need to put you up in the cab, or sort out the coax around your house

a friend of mine had a signal issue at his place..... sometime too high othertimes modem would go off & not synch...

in the end he bought a signal thingy that would allow him to boost & lower the signal accordingly....

think there was a thread quite somtime ago about argos selling it.....

(sorry for my jargon thingy ;) )

looks like your downstream is low also which can cause this issue, I'd advise to try and get your hands on a booster, The yellow brick or a similar alternative. It'll boost your signal into the plus and you wont have to worry bout downstream anyway. I wouldnt worry too much about your SNR just now as they recommend over 30 so ur in there.
I would imagine it is you -19db downstream that will be causing the issue. If you have any other cc equipment on the line, try disconnecting and leave for as long as you can to see if this helps. You'll also notice the signal will prob be -17 or something if you take another modem off your line.
There are other alternatives from the booster but i'm not 100% on them so i wont suggest them just now.
Hope this Helps.
Random

Back