Kawasaki ninja imfo

cob_ob

Banned
Reaction score
Doe, any one in forum have the above listed bike??
I think dutcho has one?
I,m just posting as I,ve just purchased one and have read and driven,but would like to know the unknown downfalls,and links to parts,as I have cracked mirror driving the bike through the gate..eemmmbbbbaaaarrrraasseeennnntttttt!!!!.
Wife give e a terible rollicking,after talking her into letting me get it.
It was like "I TOLD YOU SO".
LOL

Oil change can be a bit dodgey m8 ;)

I freeked with mine, sometimes after an oil change the pressure light won't go out. Soooo you need to 'burp' the baby.

Ok if it doesnt go out switch off straight away, make sure you can crack the oil filter off with your hand then fire the bike, as she starts crack open the oil filter until a big burp of oil spills out then wind it back tight, hopefully you will have pressure again ;)

Thats the only real fault that I have come across.

zx 6r,not the 2006 model..
Can,t b fooked with pic @ min I,m knackered,heading 2 bed,cheers for reply as always..A good source and help......and thanks again....

Last edited:
Yeah mines the j1 model m8.

Stole this off another forum.

Well it happened to me today. I decided to change the oil in the bike and get it ready for some riddin. I read some posts on oil types and filters and decided to just get a fram filter from advanced for about $5 and went with Mobile 1 15w-50. After I drained the oil and replaced the filter I reinstalled the plastics. I put the oil in and fired it up. The oil light came on and wouldn't go off. I rocked the bike a little and still wouldn't go off. I let put the bike in first gear and took it around the block just letting the engine pull the bike with no real acceleration. The engine didn't sound good at all and the light stayed on. I then began to worry because when I got the filter the parts guy took a while to find a filter for the bike and he had to find it in a catalog. It didn't show in their computer system system. He gave me a fram tough guard filter #tg6607.

After I called the auto parts store back and confirmed this filter was correct I decided to search the site for information. I found posts on air bubbles in the filter and having to loosen the filter while the bike is running to burp the air out. Well I am a lazy man and decided I am gonna find a way to burp it with out taking it all apart again. I leaned the bike the whole way over towards me almost to its right side without touching the ground. I lifted it back up slowly allowing the oil to fill the filter slowly. I then started it up and found to my suprise the oil light went off immediatly. I took it for a little ride and it sounded good and the light stayed off. I'm not sure if this will work for anyone else but just thought I would post it anyway.

Thanks to all who post on this site it has been helpfull many times.

DONT do what this fool did and run it with the oil light on, quickest way if it happens is to crack the filter back off ;)

Night m8 I'm off as well.

also woth checking is the rear shock . if they are anything like like most kawasaki's and especially the zxr then far too hard and effect handling for the worse .

All kawasaki's are hard on the factory suspension settings, had a zxr400, zx6r, zx7r and the zx7rr all alike...too hard on the front but planted with the right tires (BT56s)BT56SS) (BT012)BT012ss)(BT014) Bridestone fan here...lol and tyre pressure depending on what bike it was for me......this is the setup that worked for me from standard factory setup.

BTW, I'm 10 stone 10 with my full leaters on.

All bikes standard sag from bike lifted to rest on suspension (15mm rear 25mm front) when rider sits on bike sag will differ to my weight (Approx 20mm rear 27mm Front)

I'll start with the zxr400:

Front -3 on preload
Rear -1 on preload

ZX6r:

Front -2 on preload
Rear standard

ZX7r & rr:

Front -2 on preload
Rear -1on preload

These were the best settings for me on the bikes from standard but if in any doubt look at your user manual showing how to adjust such settings as they can have an adverse effect on handling if set up wrong from standard factory settings.

I set mine too :-

Front pre load - 4 lines showing, Front rebound damping to stiff, front comp damping to 7 clicks out, rear preload to standard, rear rebound damping to stiff, rear comp damping to 6 clicks out.

They do say however that if you put it back to facotry setup then it's pretty close for most riders.

Back