JTag Xbox gone off the rails

pmoore31

Inactive User
Reaction score
Anyone help please

My jtag xbox is running dashboard 2.2. All games have been playing fine COD, Saints Row, Mass Effect etc.

I downloaded Silent Hill Downpour today and converted it to play on hard drive.

When I started the game it signed me out of my profile and then the main xbox 360 setup page came up, asking me to set language, screen resolution, xbox live etc.

Now if I try to play any games (even all the ones that played before) I either get a black screen or it comes up with this start-up page. I even tried to complete the initial set-up but it gets stuck at the xbox live stage (as I don't ever connect it to the internet)

I never jtaged this xbox or would not know where to start...Anyone please advise what I can do.........

I sorted it.

It seems the Silent Hill game tried to update my dashboard. I removed all hard drives and created a new profile, re-installed dashboard 2.2 and all is working fine again.

When creating the god or xiso did you retain the $systemupdate folder?

I have done around 7 games in the last 24 hours and I think I forgot delete the update folder on that game. Could this have messed the console up? I do seem to be getting a E79 error more.

When creating the god or xiso did you retain the $systemupdate folder?

I thought that was taking care of by the FSD people? I have a lot of
$systemupdate folders and none of them do any thing, something to do with "installer" ? I know I used to delete them on the old 13644 dashboard that the xenon was on, but on the newer dash I've never had to bother.

Bit of a sneaky update then, probs best to all ways delete them folders then, just to be safe.

Back