jtag help 4010

kimhthwy1958

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi guys i am trying to get my bk using the jtag methord and ocd commander i have followed the tuts but i keep getting this message

error response from initialize 0x03 initialize_target: cable disconnected ( 10 : 03)

i have all the wires soldered into place and the wire plugged into the parrell port and can't see where i am going wrong so if there is anyone out there that could help me i will be pleased

thanks in advance

It is likely you have a bad solder connection with the jtag wires to the circuit board. Check over these to make sure all is ok. Check also you have linked out pins 8 and 15 on the back of the jtag 25 pin d type connector.

It is likely you have a bad solder connection with the jtag wires to the circuit board. Check over these to make sure all is ok. Check also you have linked out pins 8 and 15 on the back of the jtag 25 pin d type connector.

What jtag are u using as its no necessery to link pins 8&15 on all jtags.

HiYa,

Has Ice as said, also why are you using OCD commander Sdt or BKE will do the job M8.

Last edited:
can only be your soldering mate no need to link pins re cheak it all

As mascot18 says no need to link pins.

So this leaves 2 options either soldering is dodgy or the connection from jtag to pc is faulty.

Most likely ur soldering so make sure u have soldered all wires and they are in the correct place.

Hi,

Are you waiting untill display is at Nit?

I'd use Sdt or Bke

ok check all soldering now i get target communication error: unable to put target in to background what do i need to do now pleae thanks inadvance

ok check all soldering now i get target communication error: unable to put target in to background what do i need to do now pleae thanks inadvance

Hi,

Just a thought but are you running mac mot driver?

Run the driver by double clicking on the icon and choosing the driver in the DrvLoad window, you will see it say MAC_MOT running at the bottom.
THE DRIVER MUST BE RUNNING BEFORE OPENING SDT

I use my really old system win98 so I don't use it. stop laughing..lol

Last edited:
Hi,

Just a thought but are you running mac mot driver?

I use my really old system win98 so I don't use it. stop laughing..lol

i have done that must be something simple do i connect the n*l white cable to the box

no m8 no need to connect coax just power lead have you tryed bke 2.2 or sdt yet???

ok heres a tut for 4010 just follow it and you should be ok you can use bke or sdt its up to you

Morning All,

@kimhthwy1958 I don't know what else to suggest M8, I think the only thing missing in your thread is (The port settings)?

Also check in bios for parallel port is set for ECP + EPP or just EPP

But I know you have had a good old search on all this.
Unless the Jtag as Died?

Have a read of Tina's Post

Last edited:
@satch Also check in bios for parallel port is set for ECP + EPP or just EPP

where is the bios settings i know nothing about this side of computers sorry for being thick. lol

Back