JTAG 4000 - OCD & Macro problem

bammy

Inactive User
Reaction score
I've been trying to get the PIN box working on a 4000 with no success - I've done a Samsung so I know the method, tried several 4000 macros without success until I realised the problem wasn't the macro itself but something not right with OCD which has me totally stumped.

I know the jtag is connected correctly as I can dump the BK / RID from the box. When I start up OCD everything appears to connect correctly. If I take a line from the macro file and try to execute it, nothing happens, e.g. take the line:

BYTE 0x21100012 = $7F

so I first query the existing value:

BYTE 0x21100012

and the answer comes back:

21100012: 67

then I run the command to set the value of the byte:

BYTE 0x21100012 = $7F

and query the value in the byte now:

BYTE 0x21100012

result:

exactly as it was before entering the command!!

Anyone know what could be causing this please? Been trying to crack this for several days.

Has the box have or had a no update mod? If it did and you removed it check all the connections.

No, the only mod was to cut talkback

I've been trying to get the PIN box working on a 4000 with no success - I've done a Samsung so I know the method, tried several 4000 macros without success until I realised the problem wasn't the macro itself but something not right with OCD which has me totally stumped.

I know the jtag is connected correctly as I can dump the BK / RID from the box. When I start up OCD everything appears to connect correctly. If I take a line from the macro file and try to execute it, nothing happens, e.g. take the line:

BYTE 0x21100012 = $7F

so I first query the existing value:

BYTE 0x21100012

and the answer comes back:

then I run the command to set the value of the byte:

BYTE 0x21100012 = $7F

and query the value in the byte now:

BYTE 0x21100012

result:

exactly as it was before entering the command!!

Anyone know what could be causing this please? Been trying to crack this for several days.

yes m8, somethings not right somewere, {it should return the byte $7f} at that location

"not forgetting" your accessing the flash for the bk+ird and not the nvram

have you selected the correct "processor and jtag interface m8"

Just using ARM940, same as for the Sammy

downloaded & reinstalled latest OCD but no difference

downloaded & reinstalled latest OCD but no difference

you need to use a old version ove ocd as the new versions have security in place so it dont work with nothing else apart from its own wrigler jtag.

you have PM

Last edited:
Eventually got it working with latest (2007) version of OCD - not quite sure how, other that switching everything off and walking away from it for a couple of hours, then worked first time! :)

Thanks to all who responded.

Is this just a problem on the 4000,because im having the same trouble.
I can reset the pin funtion on a sammy with no problem but the 4000 just doesnt want to know.
I am not using the latest ver of ocd because of problems,and i also know that im connecting to the box(4000) as i too can dump the ird and bk via the jtag?
Port settings are fine and there is no update mods on the box.

Back