JSC Sports gone

Just to add to this, I can get JSC Sports HD 1-6 in North Wales / North West border with cheap 1.2m dish. I was very surprised. 78% quality, but very susceptible to rain fade - so if you get a downpour it goes off. Cloud is fine, just the rain, id need a bigger dish to keep them through the rain.

So if it helps 1.2m dish, Technomate TM800, 40m of CT100 cable and Inverto Black Ultra LNB.

If it helps anyway, I used a 0.1db Technomate LNB to tune in as the Inverto throws off the sat finder and gives incorrect readings, presumably due to the gain. I've tweaked my dish to 7w as I get everything else easily, so I did it so that any tweak at all to the dish or lnb would drop a percentage on the LNB at 7w. If I checked the channels at this point with the Technomate, it would be 77% quality but high BER. So don't touch anything but swap the LNB for the Inverto, hey presto, the channels are perfect (as long as it doesn't rain!)

I might consider a 1.5 Gibbertini with feedhorn or 1.8 in the future to get past the rain fade, but hopefully this will help some - if I can get them in the North West it should be very easy in London and down south - supposedly I'm supposed to have a 2m dish to get them here!

Back