Johnny Wilkinson MBE

Spikeman

Inactive User
Reaction score
England 20 Austrailia 17

In a tense final that went into extra time England have pulled home the Rugby World Cup.

In the second half of extra time England gave away a penalty to allow the wallaby's to pull the score back to 17 - 17. BUT with just 40 seconds to go before the dreaded Golden Goal playoff Johnny Boy came through with a drop goal making the score 20 - 17.

The final kick of the game went to England who kicked it just into touch in the Austrailian half.

Not only did England bring home the cup but they also brought the Aussie jibing to an end by scoring a try in the first 10 minutes or so and to put a final nail in the coffin Johnny kicked the goal with his golden boot.

Well Done Lads - there will be a lot of beer drunk tonight and well deserved.

PS. from the screen we had set up here it didn't look like any of the England side needed towels at the end to wipe the sweat of!!

Well done boys.

Got to agree fantastic match i enjoyed every minute of it Well done England.

Well done our boys, I never had a doubt.

Bronto :Cheers: :Cheers:

i was worried when they got it back to 17 - 17 but jonny was a cool custermer with that last drop goal and not forgetting the penalty just b4 he got and kicked half the pitch nearly :)

it makes you proud to be english when they performed with the heart they showed !!!!!

fantastic match the australlians where also very good and did not let up at all, have to give them credit for that but it nice to show them on there own turf we can really play

Back