Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jericho movie in development

jaffa

Inactive User
Set your phasers to "head-exploding." Jericho's rabid fan base may have scored themselves another victory. Executive producer Jon Turtletaub has confirmed that he is developing a Jericho movie.
"We're developing a feature for Jericho, It would not require you to have seen the TV show, but it get into life after an event like this on a national scale. It would be the bigger, full on American version of what’s going on beyond the town in Jericho."
Jericho was one of the great television stories of 2007, becoming un-canceled after irate fans planned a clever protest--something that doesn't happen often in this day and age. Unfortunately, the victory was short-lived and the show was canceled after a short second season.
Today's news couldn't come sooner for Jericho fans, who have been eagerly awaiting further word of the future of the drama. But before any of you start camping out at the local movie theater, know this: the key word is "developing."
Turtletaub's comments could simply mean he's pondering the idea and thinking of scenarios for the movie. At best, he's in discussions with other Jericho producers and talking to potential studios. Either way, it's too early to start accepting a Jericho movie as reality.
Jericho (the television series) followed the survivors of a nuclear attack on the U.S. The show starred Skeet Ulrich, Lennie James, and Pamela Reed.

this could be very good if it's done right. the last film i seen on the same topic was the Threads. They had to bomb Sheffield didn't they, The owls were winning against Man utd as well lol
the film threads can be watched here
Threads - Nuclear War, 1984

I really liked Jericho, so if this becomes a movie great!! i just hope it doesnt turn out to like Serenity did...

I quite liked Serenity when i seen it but i hadn't seen firefly before it. If i had would, totally agree with you.
alot of series don't end up being good on the big screen. They have to make the film for the average film gooer than the hardcore fan,. but maybe with sex and city and the hit that was, this may still them change the backs views.

Last edited:
With the barest of knowledge about this movie, I think they are going to either have to carry on with the story from the series, or make it a prequel.

This new is just Great m8.

I really enjoyed the show and Can`t wait for the movie :Hit:

Hopefully it will rekindle the tv show if it becomes a Blockbuster :Smokin:

Regards.

polosolo

Back