Jake Humphries to leave F1

No great loss. They managed fine with Coultard and Lee McKenzie co-hosting when he was away for part of this season.

never liked the guy as a comentator his voice just wasnt right ??? no what i mean?:Cry:

I thought he was ok, I hope Coulthard becomes Anchorman

I quite liked the guy,but had started watching SkyF1 anyway,far better coverage in my opinion.

but had started watching SkyF1 anyway,far better coverage in my opinion.
wash your mouth out Tamarc :D Eddie Jordan alone pulls in more viewers than Sly Sports, shame Jake's going though, really liked his down to earth approach.

he was a right poser with his iPOD The BBC should have sacked him for product placement infringement

edogg

He is to see the rest of the season of 2012 and leave BBC

BBC Sport - Jake Humphrey to leave BBC for BT Vision

Humm, was he pushed?
EJ made a comment on the BBC F1 forum, yesterday, and Humphrey said "that's a sore point."

personally i always got the feeling he didn't like the F1 sport, or wasn't that into it, at least.

I agree on the "product placement", thing though. he was always waving his iP?d at the camera. but i noticed he was made to cover the Appl? logo shortly after that.

he is nowhere near as big a loss to F1 as the sly connection has been, though.
sly may pay a lot of money, but many fewer people watch the sly only covered races.
and sponsors need "eyes on".

first race this year. just short of 900,000 watched the sly live race. (1.2 millon watched the climax on sly whilst 3.1 watched it on the BBC)
3.2 million watched the BBC "highlights".
figures from sly and the BBC

on average less than half the viewing figures of the BBC coverage, from the year before, saw the race this year.

..on average less than half the viewing figures of the BBC coverage, from the year before, saw the race this year.

That's interesting. Sky paid a bucketful for the rights, but all those sponsors whose logos are pasted on the cars, drivers and trackside aren't going to be too happy with those figures.

That's interesting. Sky paid a bucketful for the rights, but all those sponsors whose logos are pasted on the cars, drivers and trackside aren't going to be too happy with those figures.

apparently Ecclestone was livid, when the Beeb pulled their full coverage, he knows only too well how detrimental sly broadcasting of F1, is. their last foray cost F1 a fortune, and was pulled lickety split.
look for an early return of free terrestrial coverage of live F1.

sly does this to all sports, it covers. massively reducing those who can/want to see it. but paying vast sums to the organisers, to make up for it.

good points Firemouth, and then we will be back to F1 on ITV with adverts during the race, now that was a nightmare :bangshead:

good points Firemouth, and then we will be back to F1 on ITV with adverts during the race, now that was a nightmare :bangshead:
did they have ad's during the race? i honestly cant remember.

but my money is on a return to the Beeb.
it always has been the preferred broadcaster, for the FIA.
Beeb has no ad at all. so the sponsors have total, exclusivity.
no point Tag sponsoring F1, if during the tv show, you get 4 3min ads for Casio/Loris/Citizen, per hour.
maybe something like the Beeb do with Euro Sport for MOTOGP.
the beeb get it live, then EuroSport show it just after, but they now have no ads during the race!
EuroSport get a few "live" races too. but still no ads during the race.
Gnash, gnash. only wish the Beebs commentators were half as good as Julian and Toby, though.
Stavros and that Antipodean (what ever the fcuk his name is), just cant cut it. (sorry bit off track there)

Back