iPhone Jailbroken Iphone 3G on f/w 4.2.1 BB 06.15.00 Connectivity Problems

qwertyasdfg

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Evening All,

I've had this iphone for quite a while but I never use it, as I prefer my Blackberry.

Unfortunately, my Blackberry completely died on me today, so I have been forced to pull this iphone out.

I've always had problems with the wifi ever since upgrading and jailbreaking the device, to the extent where now the wifi icon in settings is just greyed out and says No Wi-Fi. After trying various different things to try and make that work around a year ago, I gave up trying and am not too bothered if I can ever get it work again but if anyone has got any advice on how to make it work again, I'd certainly give it a try!

My main concern now is that I am on a tariff which includes data and I could always surf on the iphone before through the 3G, gprs stuff but now for some reason, that doesn't even want to work, I know I have the correct APN and network settings, as it lets me navigate to one page through safari and then just doesn't let me browse anymore, it will just stay in a continues searching for URL loop, if I reboot the device, I am able to search for another URL, again only once and then the browser will stop working again.

Cydia was able to load up once and it had 3 updates for me, when I tried to install them I ended up with an network error message and now I cannot even navigate to the Cydia homepage, even if I were to reboot the device and try again, it states "Unable to Load (The certificate for this server is invalid, you might be connecting to a server that is pretending to be "cydia.saur*k.com" which could put your confidential information at risk.)

The last time I used this device, I installed an app called 3G unrestrictor to see if I could try and use facetime, even though I failed at attempting to make that work, the internet on the handset was still working, also I cannot find any way of un-installing this app to see if that may be the cause of this problem!

This iphone was unlocked using UltraSn0w, so I am unsure on where to go from here, as I don't want to mess with the firmware and then be left with a locked device, at least the way the handset is now, I can still call and text. From looking around, I can't see any newer firmware for this device either then what it's on already.

Anyone got any advice on how I should approach this dilemma?? My replacement BB is guna take like nearly a week to arrive but in the meanwhile I need access to the net over my phone, so I'm pretty stuffed at the moment :(

Personally I'd restore it in Itunes and jb again using RedSnow,clean slate and all that.That's what I did with my 3G anyhow after having problems with Installous.

One of your maun problem is if you have to upgrade to OS 6.0.1 then there is only a tethered jailbreak available, dont go higher than 5.1.1

You need to down grade the baseband again m8 using redsn0w 0.9.14b2 should solve your problem.

Personally I'd restore it in Itunes and jb again using RedSnow,clean slate and all that.That's what I did with my 3G anyhow after having problems with Installous.
I did near enough just that and I can now go on the tinternet using 3G/gprs, thanks!

One of your maun problem is if you have to upgrade to OS 6.0.1 then there is only a tethered jailbreak available, dont go higher than 5.1.1
I do not believe it is possible to upgrade the iphone 3G firmware any further than 4.2.1 - in saying this, does anyone know why WhatsApp application is now only supported by IOS 4.3 and onwards?? Anyone know of any solutions on how to get this app running on a 3g iphone with IOS 4.2.1?? using an older version does NOT work, I tried various older versions and they failed to work :(

You need to down grade the baseband again m8 using redsn0w 0.9.14b2 should solve your problem.
Thanks for the reply mate, do you know if this might solve my "No Wi-Fi" problem??

Not sure about the wifi but if you contact your network provider and ask them to turnoff your blackberry services there end,you then should be able to use the 3g.I switched from blackberry to iphone and had the same problem untill they turned off blackberry services.

Back