iPod Jailbreaking--Why?

rutters

DW Regular
Reaction score
Could anyone please tell me what Jailbreaking is please and what it can do for a Ipod Touch?

Thanks

all apps that you have to pay for you dont when jailbroke :proud:

Thanks for the info m8:Clap:

Do you know if a 2nd gen Touch can be done?

cheers

Thanks for that.

When jailbroken are apps added by downloading to PC then transferring to itouch?

You can download them to pc or just us install0us to do it directly from ipod touch using wifi connection.

Heres a decent guide of what to do after jailbreak posted by Matt.

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/226649/

You don't need all that stuff installed, its just a guide to what they do. Install0us and appsync are needed though.

Last edited by a moderator:
after m8

ive done a couple today and was so easy .
got tomtom on iphone which should be 70 notes so i think thats a good reason in itself.

That jailtools/ware says I can't jailbreak it

ipod touch 2G

3.1.3 firmware

MC model

is there another good program?

cheers

That jailtools/ware says I can't jailbreak it

ipod touch 2G

3.1.3 firmware

MC model

is there another good program?

cheers

i did my 8GB 2G MC model using spirit, i had to downgrade to 3.1.2 though cos nothing would load when on 3.1.3

@bro
how do you know I've only got one ball?

@seanicca
How do I downgrade to 3.1.2?

cheers

lol it dont and spirit should do a ipod on 3.1.3.i did an iphone with that on and latest bootloader no probs

Hello again.
I jailbroke using Spirit and all seemed well however when I

Cydia -> manage -> Packages

I don't have the Installous app.

Any ideas?

cheers

Go to Cydia/search and type in install0us and then install it. It will then be on the homescreen and in packages.

Thanks I'll have a go.

When I register at istore to get a free app should I use genuine info like name, address, credit card? Could they tell it's jailbroken?

cheers

Thanks I'll have a go.

When I register at istore to get a free app should I use genuine info like name, address, credit card? Could they tell it's jailbroken?

cheers

Register with genuine email addy because you will need to verify it.

Create an accounty in itunes appstore, not the itunes start page, go to the appstore and grab a free app, it will then ask you to register, fill it all in and when it comes to payment details...there will be an option for none, tick that and your done.

No they can't tell if it's JB.

Heres a link for you to see about registering, it may load slow, doesn't usually but loaded slow for me there when I checked it.

http://techwiredau.com/2008/09/grab-a-free-itunes-account-for-any-country/

Back