Jackass Star Quits Show

Zooropa

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Jackass star Johnny Knoxville has quit the show after MTV was forced to cut out some of the more outrageous stunts from the series.
According to Knoxville, TV bosses were pressured into censoring Jackass following complaints from US politicians over its explicit and dangerous content.
He told the Daily Star: "The moral majority led by some whack in Washington came down really hard on MTV, who in turn came down hard on us.
"But they can kiss my ass. They care less about the issues and more about how they are perceived by the public and how they can further their own political careers.
"I didn't want to do a half-assed, watered-down version, so I quit. I loved it too much not to do it properly."
The stuntman added that the show is "done" as far as he is concerned and that he wants to move onto other things.
But he admits he will find it hard to shake-off the dangerous reputation he earned on the show.
Knoxville said: "I have tried to rent a car once since the movies' infamous rent-a-car crash up derby and they gave me the third degree.
"They make me get a lot extra insurance. I really do get a lot of hassle when I rent cars or check in to hotel rooms."

1158281.jpg

Back