It's me Boiler again

Rat said:
well at last they came and done the boiler :) as I said it was the flow and return they had to change some pipes and as soon as thet done it we noticed how much hotter the rads have got :)have to wait till the morning to see if its quiter ..mind u the pair that came to do it were a right couple of plums lmao

at least it is sorted now m8 whether they were plums, mind you i always thought it was PLUMBers or gas fitters that dealt with boilers.

lmao

funny Chris pmsl :) PLUMBers wish Id thought of that lol

me being a plumber by trade i would come round and diagnose a new boiler lol jestin aside mate,who the hell can call themselves a plumber and pipe up the primaries the wrong way round!!!! dear oh dear its peeps like that that give us a bad name!!! but if ya in essex then i would gladly come and install a new boiler for u for a fair but cheaper price!!! :0)

myson trade trv's are about 8 spondulies each and are 2 way so why bother about the flow and return?????????????????????????????????????

Rat m8 if you ever get a delay off the council repairing anything and taking their time, if the problem is causing a nuisance ie Water, weather ingress or noise as in your boiler, just threaten to issue a section 82 notice (envorinmental protection act) allowing a statutory nuisance to exist that is detrimental to health and safety (noise depriving you of sleep) or section 11 Landlord and tenant act (landlords obligations to do repairs within required deadlines) thay soon jump m8. This costs them a fortune in compensation and legal costs and they just dont want it.

Fletcher

:) Thanks Fletcher I will keep that in mind m8 ;) do u know where I would stand with draughty windows ;) lol

Yer m8, getting draughts through windows is called weather ingress and is reconised as a statutory nuisance. 1. you can get a solicitor who practices housing law to issue a section 82 on your housing authority. (Environmental Protection Act 1990). The housing office will then have 21 Days to abate the nuisance (carry out repairs). If you don't want to go down the road of a solicitor your could write to the housing office yourself stating when you last reported the problem and that nothing has been done, then state this is a statutory nuisance as described within section 79 (1) of the EPA 1990, then use the words within the letter 'please accept this as my final notification and an official letter before action (as required within the act). should make them get off their butts. Good luck m8

Fletcher

Thanks very much Fletcher :) will be looking into it m8 ;)

Back