Software is windows 10 still free ?

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
hi guys . bought a toshy s50, coming monday..anyway its got windows 8.1 on it, has the offer from microsoft of a free upgrade gone or will i have an option to upgrade ?..ta

just ignore it & grab your download of Win 10

pcriver has Win 10 iso as well maybe using other methods to activate like kms for example

Last edited:
ok thats good, what is assistive technology ?
Assistive tech are software and hardware solutions that help people with various impairments use computers more easily. From software that offers high contrast options, to keyboards with larger characters, to the type of hardware and software combo that Stephen Hawking would use.

As alimac says, just grab the download. I used this method about 2 months back; MS doesn't check or ask what assistive tech you're using anyway.

not a fan of the crap but only version i use if at all is the LTSB edition no bloat

kms spico
Microcrap toolkit
kms autolite

Go the assistive technology route @johnny bravo and get a real key.
A woman who lives a few doors from me brought her laptop to me yesterday, she had turned it off midway through installing updates and it would no longer boot. She didn't know whether it had been running windows 10 home or pro and whether it was 64bit or 32 bit edition.

My usb image does both so inserted it and it started to install. I was surprised initially when I wasn't asked to choose which flavour of 10 to install and it soon completed. It activated without any prompts whatsoever.

Last edited by a moderator:
always works & cannot see it stopping anytime soon as they want all to upgrade also way behind their said target so happy days to anyone that wants it

Thanks guys..will go the additive route...cheers

Go the assistive technology route @johnny bravo and get a real key.
A woman who lives a few doors from me brought her laptop to me yesterday, she had turned it off midway through installing updates and it would no longer boot. She didn't know whether it had been running windows 10 home or pro and whether it was 64bit or 32 bit edition.

My usb image does both so inserted it and it started to install. I was surprised initially when I wasn't asked to choose which flavour of 10 to install and it soon completed. It activated without any prompts whatsoever.

Anyway to install this over a torrent downloaded one so i can get a key?

Last edited by a moderator:
be doubtful even though they want all on it personally would start fresh

im just doing the assistive method as recommended as i type on 78%, so this is not a registered windows 10 version ? just a trial, would i need to get a key or licence..?ta

ok guys instead of starting a new thread..i just installed windows 10 pro 64 bit on my kids Lenovo z51-70, via the method mentioned , assistive, all installed well but windows 10 wont activate, when you try to activate it just states "unable to reach windows activation servers"...any ideas why I cant activate..ta

There are some internet issues today so it may be down to that

Back