is this right?

toolzkit

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have a SB5100i running my xbox360s (hardwired) connected to a wireless netgear router, and a ntl250 connected to the same cable feed with a splitter this gives me two different static ip addresses.

the sb5100i runs fine without problems but the ntl250 signal feed dies after downloading 200meg I have to reboot the modem to get on-line again.

the ntl250 will download 2 files at speeds of 2300kbs but then the internet feed just drops just before downloading the files even if I turn off the sb5100i I still have the same problem .......

here are my 250 connection page settings
Downstream Channel
Lock Status Locked Modulation QAM256
Channel ID 1 Symbol rate 5360537
Downstream Frequency 402750000 Hz
Downstream Power 1.0 dBmV
SNR 41.8 dB

Upstream Channel
Lock Status Locked Modulation QPSK
Channel ID 1 Symbol rate 2560 Ksym/sec
Upstream Frequency 18800000 Hz
Upstream Power 25.0 dBmV

has anyone else had this problem or does anyone know how to fix this cheers

Your downstream power levels are not too bad, but IMO your upstream power levels are low.

I'd try a booster on your line, or remove some splitters as if your modem can't request pages etc due to low power then they won't be sent ;)

:)

His modem is running in 256QAM so anywhere between +10 & -10 dBmV is acceptable.

His upstream should be between 35 + 61 dBmV from what I have been informed.

Putting an attenuator on the line would only decrease his upstream power even more (Unless I am mistaken on how uptream dBmV works in which case olease correct me ;)?)

:)

Back