Is this better than the firmware option?

personally im gunna stick with the fw,its easy to do requires no major disasembling of the dvd drive,and works perfectly for my needs(booting copies)
i dont really feel the need for a fw chip-maybe when the 360 is cracked for real with some unsigned code running then a chip would be needed,besides with the underdog chip you would have to rerip all your games to work with it,and it costs 40 note,looks very badly made too-stick with the fw hack for now

just my opinion like,each to there own and all that,but this particular chip seems to make an easy job harder

The main advantage I see is that it has an automatic switch so if you play an original it doesn't switch on, where as the FW hack is always on. And will eventually be discovered by M$ on Live. I guess I'm just worried that by spending £300 odd quid on the console if I then get banned from LIVE would be a big loss as I enjoy the on line aspect of the games and chat etc.

Are there still any original Xbox chips that allow you to play back-ups on Live and not get discovered??

the main problem with the underdog chip is you have no way of knowing is the chips acctually on or off,it has no led or owt to let you know,so you could b blissfully playing away on a retail disc only to get banned anyway cos the danm chips still on,theres a few chip that switch off and let you play on live for the original xbox,like i said each to their own,i havent been on live since i did the fw and to be perfectly honest i havent missed it one bit,but i know some folks will miss it. id wait for a better chip to be honest-the globe dont look too bad-and im sure xecuter have something in the works

i wouldn't go there

all it is a chip that cost about £5 - £10

and there custom crappy flash

just solder a second chip ontop of the orignal firmware chip and then add switch

so when u play retail on xbox live its off and uses orignal firmware
when u booting copies the flick the switch led on and hacked firmware running

and remember to not go on xbox live with hacked firmware

lol

i wouldn't spend £40 for somthing i can make for less

i would spend £40 if it let me run unsigned code and let me install bigger hd and linux or windows

then i will spend that much

Back