Is there an easy step by step guide to flashing a Lite-on

fermec

Inactive User
Reaction score
H All

I bought my 360 just before christmas and the drive was already flashed, he told me he had swapped the drive because the drive that was in the box could not be flashed so I think the drive that is in it at the moment is a Samsung and I think it has iXtream 1.5 on it.

Now the original drive he took out he gave me and also wrote the key down. when I look at the drive it has Dg-16d2s on it so when I google it it comes up with Philips Lite-on Dg-16d2s so I take it is a Lite-on.

So what I would like to do is flash the Lite-on with 1.51, I have ordered a 3 Port SATA PCI IDE Raid Card VIA VT6421A Chip and all the software looks to be ready avalible, so is there any other hardware I need or do I need to solder anything.

Is there an easy step by step guide for me so I can flash this drive, when I say easy I mean easy :)

I have done my search but still a bit confused.

Cheers

Fermec

u have to remember your flashin a sammy u need to spoof the key .. use the 360tool put the sammy 1.51 firmware in and then right the key in where it will says 7777777777777777777777777 then replace and the click one of the drop down boxes till u see spoof and then click on lite on and spoof to that , then use j/f to write to the xbox ..

sorry someone will break it down for u put im off out to watch the boxing in a bit and this is a bit long winded

Last edited:
u have to remember your flashin a sammy u need to spoof the key .. use the 360tool put the sammy 1.51 firmware in and then right the key in where it will says 7777777777777777777777777 then replace and the click one of the drop down boxes till u see spoof and then click on lite on and spoof to that , then use j/f to write to the xbox ..

sorry someone will break it down for u put im off out to watch the boxing in a bit and this is a bit long winded

It is the original Philips Lite-on Dg-16d2s that I want to flash so what I want to do is take the sammy out and replace it with the original Philips Lite-on Dg-16d2s and flash the original Philips Lite-on Dg-16d2s to 1.51, I do have the key as he has writen it on the box.

just do as i did, follow Oggy's guide, and you will be flashing a drive in no time.

It is the original Philips Lite-on Dg-16d2s that I want to flash so what I want to do is take the sammy out and replace it with the original Philips Lite-on Dg-16d2s and flash the original Philips Lite-on Dg-16d2s to 1.51, I do have the key as he has writen it on the box.

fingers crossed its not butchered on the solder points m8 .. just check

good point..

Also mate get yourself the Xecuter ck3 pro with probe and you will find it a whole lot easyer with NO soldering to do, then just use jungle to dump and flash.

What's wrong with the Sammy that you need to replace the drive?

...or are you just doing it for the sake of it?

What's wrong with the Sammy that you need to replace the drive?

...or are you just doing it for the sake of it?

Well Im just trying to get my head round how to flash the drive, the sammy is flashed with 1.5 and is working fine so I thought if I flashed the Lite-on and knacked it at least I can put the sammy back in.

Also if the Lite-on was the original drive does this mean the sammy has been spoofed and if I did flash the sammy would it be more difficult to do.

Sorry for sounding a bit stupid but this is all new to me.

Cheers

Fermec

Well Im just trying to get my head round how to flash the drive, the sammy is flashed with 1.5 and is working fine so I thought if I flashed the Lite-on and knacked it at least I can put the sammy back in.

Also if the Lite-on was the original drive does this mean the sammy has been spoofed and if I did flash the sammy would it be more difficult to do.

Sorry for sounding a bit stupid but this is all new to me.

Cheers

Fermec

Im just want to get 1.51 firmware on so I can play games such as Hawx

It isent the key he has wrote it is the serial number so does this help in any way?

Just do the Sammy, if you were prepared to take on a lite-on then you can't really fook up a Sammy, just get iprep v8 and the updated ixdef files in the downloads sectioc of Jedis 360 AIO has it all in, will take less than 5 mins.

It isent the key he has wrote it is the serial number so does this help in any way?

dont think so m8 ..

what you ought to do, is read the firmware of the sammy (will get u key) and spoof it onto liteon ix 1.51 firmware and go from there.

Jungle Flasher has a link to tut built in, have a read on that.

Ok this is what I intend to do I have ordered the below conectivity kit and going to flash the liteon as this is the original drive from the xbox and has not been flashed yet.

This is what I have ordered due to my low budget but it looks like all I will need to flash the liteon

XBOX 360 Connectivity Kit V2 - HDD SATA and DVD Adapter on eBay, also, Xbox 360, Consoles Systems, Video Games (end time 30-Mar-09 00:01:37 BST)

XBOX 360 RS232 to COM adapter solderless addon on eBay, also, Xbox 360, Consoles Systems, Video Games (end time 30-Mar-09 00:01:37 BST)

Cheer for the help

fermec

Back