Is There A Tutorial For The DM800SE Clone Recovery Pack ?

Pimpur Crack

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi,

Can anyone please provide some info or a link on the basics of using the dm800se clone recovery pack?

I have downloaded the files and unpacked them but I am not sure of the process to use them. My 1st thoughts are that I need to run the drivers exe file on the PC I wish to connect to the dm800se,then at some point run the sunray dreamup program. However, I am not sure if I have the box in standby or if I hold down the front panel button or the mini flashup button at any point?

After that I assume that I need to transfer the drivers followed by a bootloader but its a bit of a fog and having searched the forum for a guide I have drawn a blank.

Finally, the dm800se clone recovery pack comes with bootloader version 82, can this be replaced with ssl84b in the recovery process or is it mandatory to use the ssl82 that comes with the recovery pack?

Any help most appreciated.

Cdmt
Pimpi

I have never used the recovery pack tbh but if you hold in the mini flash up button it will as far as I can remember boot in to webflash mode,
and yes you should be able to substitute ssl84b for ssl82

I have never used the recovery pack tbh but if you hold in the mini flash up button it will as far as I can remember boot in to webflash mode,
and yes you should be able to substitute ssl84b for ssl82

wiz569,

Thanks for the reply, I followed the above procedure and got to the mini flash page but it did not have the firmware flash link, very strange.

I also tried the dm800se clone recovery tools method with the usb cable and got to the point of connecting to the box to send the image file, however, it failed at that point with the message:

"Box is in serial HTTP mode"

"Unable to ping the box, using serial mode"

I had the LAN cable connected and there is no serial port on the dm800se so I am not sure what is going on? I have pasted below a screen capture of the mini flash page showing the firware flash link is missing !!

Cdmt
Pimpi

Attachments

• mini flash.jpg
    mini flash.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 10
Is that underlined "flash" not a clickable link?

or is there an ip address in that that browser window that you can use to do a normal webpage flash?

Is that underlined "flash" not a clickable link?

or is there an ip address in that that browser window that you can use to do a normal webpage flash?

It is not operational, both the mini-flash and the normal web page flash do not correctly connect to the dm800se, neither does filezilla or dreambox edit. However, the receiver boots OK, scans a satellite OK and provides audio/video from the scanned channels.

Cdmt
Pimpi

Update:

I managed to get the dm800se operational again using the following steps:

1. Factory reset on the image
2. Rebooted the PC and router
3. Enabled both LAN and WiFi, set LAN as default then disabled WiFi
4. Connected via FTP, DreamboxEdit etc, all OK

Very strange how it got itself in a twix, however it is all OK again.

Cdmt
Pimpi

im guessing LAN wasnt the default network connection so DHCP wasnt allcoation a IP Address to the box when you were trying to boot into ***STOP*** mode, maybe disabling the WiFI sorted this issue.

Back