Is the case I`ll need Dual layers disks for most Wii games ?

Budgie

Inactive User
Reaction score
As all images I`ve downloaded seem to be about 5 meg is it the case I`ll mainly need to use dual layer discs or can you split games over 2 dvd-r`s for example,

As all images I`ve downloaded seem to be about 5 meg is it the case I`ll mainly need to use dual layer discs or can you split games over 2 dvd-r`s for example,

All Wii isos are 4.3 gig or near abouts. You use single layer dvds. Are the games you downloaded still in rawdump format i.e. with a file extension of .wii?

h**p://v3.newzbin.com/browse/category/p/consoles/?ps_rb_platform_console=1048576

Most games look like they are 4.8 gig or am I reading this wrong ?

I burn all my Wii games onto single layers.

h**p://v3.newzbin.com/browse/category/p/consoles/?ps_rb_platform_console=1048576

Most games look like they are 4.8 gig or am I reading this wrong ?

Nintendo Wii ISO size: 4.37 GB (4,699,979,776 bytes).

I think it is saying 4.8 gig because those downloads probably include par files. When you unrar the iso from the archive it should be 4.37 Gb, which fits on a single layer

Below is a 4.8GB wii download from newzbin, the extra are recovery (par2) files, all current Wii burn to single layer.

105 files, 91 data, 14 recovery
Encoded: 4,393.8MB data + 451.1MB recovery = 4,844.9MB total
Decoded: 4,218.0MB data + 433.1MB recovery = 4,651.1MB total (estimated)

When you extract the rar files the ISO will be 4.37 GB . All Wii games are the same size as far as I am aware.

Back