is office2007 out yet?

finest24

Inactive User
Reaction score
iv seen torrent downloads available on mininova or are these just the pre-release version?

I downloaded 2007 Enterprise Edition from usenet a couple of days ago. I haven't installed it yet but it looks like the real thing and not a beta.

I have the beta installed at the moment and to be honest I don't like it. They've done away with all the normal toolbars and menus and gone with this tab ribbon thing. I haven't used it much and maybe it is better, but so far it's just been a pain in the arse. There was nothing wrong with it before so why they've had to completely change it I don't know. Outlook does seem a bit better though, the instant search is good.

the download i got from mininova ended up to be a pre release version but the trial had run out so i could see the new shiny interface but thats about it. its gone now.

You knw what im gna ask now highlander!! is it freely available or u gt it thru work?

i got it thanks! its quite nice to use, but the options about how to save the doc, wether or not to make the doc backwords compatible, pisses me off

i also got the enterprise addition and it is very good much better than the old one in my view.
i would recomend it. it is out on the net if you look about.

castle

its a bit annoying having to look elsewher for the functions as everythings different. excel is alot better, makes the number crunching alot easier.

main difference in word is the cpability to make PDF's.

As with any new release, there will always be some things it does better and somethings it doesnt. I do however, still prefer Office 2003 as the improvments were solid and needed. I think this one is slightly too demanding in terms of the fact the options maybe not always be required.

It is definitely available via various torrent sites, I think I prefer 2003 as its simpler and easier to get on with, but personal preference at the end of the day.

Back