is it possible

Jackel

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Evening all hope some one with a little more know how can shine some light on this for me, what i want to know is it possible to get like a two way splitter say 15 pin male vga adapter so as to have my 19 in monitor pc and 37in lcd both hooked up at the same time . I left the white plug in is it the dvi one and connected the new vga lead to sound card and lcd everything going ok tv auto adjusted and was perfect but on the pc screen it had been squashed and when i go into settings to change it it changes on the lcd as well is there a way round this so it is the same on both lcds ?

is it possible to get a two way vga splitter? would this work? or is there another way round this? cheers for any input.

This may be a bit tricky, as the PC may try and resize its resoloution to cater for the displays. You seem to be only using one port on the graphics card - this means that the resoloution would only be correct for one of them.

You may want to get a grpahics card with two ports - I think there are some very cheap ones that will do this for you now. This means you can configure both displays independantly of each other.

Does that make sense?

yes that makes sense but i have not long had this card it is a pci-express so think i will try to exhaust a few more avenues yet but yes that would be a fix i think, i had not thought of that option any input on a splitter would it be possible thanks for the input.

This is what i have just had a look at the usb to pc from maplins looks feasible

Nvidea geforce 6200 turbo cache

geforce_6200_turbocache_02.jpg

This is what i have just had a look at the usb to pc from maplins looks feasible

Nvidea geforce 6200 turbo cache

geforce_6200_turbocache_02.jpg

Your video card is capable of dual display output. You can do a cloned display easily. Just right click on your desktop and click properties. Then click settings. there should be images of two displays (one your monitor and the other your TV. Drag the TV screen onto your monitor screen. Windows will ask you if you want to enable the monitor. Click yes and then select the resolution you want to output at. The chances are you need to select either 1280x720 or 1280x768. Select cloned display so that you have the same image appearing on both screens. click OK and your TV should now display your computer screen. Even though the image is cloned you can run two different resolutions.

2 way splitters are not very good from my expereince and with your video card being capable I wouldnt mess with them. You could invest in a VGA splitter like the Kramer VP-31/32 but I would save my money and just use the dual outputs of your video card. USB to video cables are not very good either and I would stay away from them for the sake of quality control. The image is rather crap when using them.

Also if you need two VGA's you can always just use a DVI-VGA convertor which costs a quid (although you may have one supplied with your video card, so check the box first)

This is just what i was after Munkey will give it a bash tomorrow cheers fella will let you know how i get on .

Good luck mate. Sometimes the nVidia drivers mess around so if you have probs just uninstall them them reinstall the latest ones

No no joy with that munkey i did as you said but could not find where it says cloned display either now i just have a blank blue screen on pc, lcd is great though lol, i have just been swapping the two over bit of a ball ache though any more suggestions mate

Are you running XP or Vista mate?

If its XP then

right click on the desktop
properties
settings
tick extend my desktop onto this monitor (after you have left clicked on your TV, both should be blue screens at the top of the properties box)
apply
ok

or
right click on the desktop
properties
settings
advanced
displays ( ithink this is the same tab for ati or nvidia)
turn on or off the monitors by clicking the power button tab next to all of the images highlighted) I'll check on my nvidia desktop for you to confirm as I have a ati card)

If you are getting a blue screen then a signal is not being sent to the device. Try updating the drivers as a start. TRY THIS FIRST

Also try using the DVI port by its self instead of the VGA port on your video card to send the signal. You need to confirm that video output does work with it as the VGA port seems to work fine.

If clone mode does not work as both the monitors run at different resolutions try Dual View instead.

Cheers mate will try that tomorrow the Strasse is on you know the score lol.

Back