Is America taking coronavirus seriously?

trevortron

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
A friend sent me a whatsapp video comparing air traffic over US Vs. EU. It wasn't clear what time the comparison took place but it was clear that the US looks like business as usual, whereas European skies looked very calm.
I've just had a look on FlightRadar24 (19:00 GMT) and it's right enough. Where tf are all those people going???!! (The blue ones are cargo)

acus.jpg aceu.jpg

thats america for you . signs in all the airports guns must go in checked luggage

It could be freight being flown about, although with Trump as President who knows.

no many seem to be coming to ireland there. shoulod be kept that way, i have a relative trying to get back from austrilia. booked on 3 flights so far all been canceled

I read earlier an article on yahoo, about some rich tw#ts trying to have an holiday in the South of France and getting turned away (good on em). Five 40 to 50 year old blokes and two 25 to 30 year old women in a private jet trying to get to a rented villa, Just shows wealth and probably decent education and age still produces idiots, it's not just all teenage scallies up to no good.

I read earlier an article on yahoo, about some rich tw#ts trying to have an holiday in the South of France and getting turned away (good on em). Five 40 to 50 year old blokes and two 25 to 30 year old women in a private jet trying to get to a rented villa, Just shows wealth and probably decent education and age still produces idiots, it's not just all teenage scallies up to no good.
They landed even though they had been denied permission. Only the rich would get away with that

I know, even had Helicopters waiting to scuttle them away. Good to see the French authorities were on the ball :).

I wonder why they weren't stopped our side. I can only think it was somebody with some clout over here trying it on.

Parts of the US are taking it extremely seriously, however their president and chief is a buffoon! He's changed his story more times than i've changed my pants this week alone. He's just trying to ensure he can win the next election, saying what the people want to hear, and using a scattergun approach hoping something sticks.

Trump made it appear that the UK begged for 200 ventilators and that he was going to try his best to help as "we're such great friends". The truth of the matter is that the UK had ordered 200 from an American supplier and there will be a real fear that Trump will acquisition them for his own people.

Sure the UFC was going to fly fighters over to a private island to fight.
UFC 249 postponed after Dana White told to 'stand down'

The yanks are not taking the whole COVID-19 serious.
I also think when this is over they will have the biggest death rate worldwide.
Also the USA literally hijacked a cargo boat full of PPE that was heading to france, the USA came in with bigger dollar notes at the last minute and france did not get it.
It went to USA.
☹️

Trump made it appear that the UK begged for 200 ventilators and that he was going to try his best to help as "we're such great friends". The truth of the matter is that the UK had ordered 200 from an American supplier and there will be a real fear that Trump will acquisition them for his own people.

Trump has signed an executive order I believe to stop US companies exporting anything required for Covid19, he's stopped shipments to South Korea, Germany and a few others.

I also read today that he's going to help out with the oil cost crisis, by not selling their surplus oil. Only thing he's doing there is building a bigger surplus! Im sure I read that Venezuela has the biggest oil surplus in the world, wonder if that's why he doesn't like Maduro all of a sudden.

Trump has signed an executive order I believe to stop US companies exporting anything required for Covid19, he's stopped shipments to South Korea, Germany and a few others.

I also read today that he's going to help out with the oil cost crisis, by not selling their surplus oil. Only thing he's doing there is building a bigger surplus! Im sure I read that Venezuela has the biggest oil surplus in the world, wonder if that's why he doesn't like Maduro all of a sudden.

Dont like Trump, but signing an order not to export (for large profits) materials that are needed at home does not sound like a bad plan.

Dont like Trump, but signing an order not to export (for large profits) materials that are needed at home does not sound like a bad plan.

whikst that’s fine, when those resources are destined for somewhere else and already in a 3rd party country it seems churlish at best.

Which Easter?? (You get used to asking things like that here, especially when a builder says it'll be ready by Xmas!!)

Well it must be this Easter cos he won't be president by next Easter (unless the yanks are dumb enough to vote him in for a second term, in which case they deserve him!)

Well it must be this Easter cos he won't be president by next Easter (unless the yanks are dumb enough to vote him in for a second term, in which case they deserve him!)

Don't count your chickens. The Yanks are dumb enough.

Remember the gasps of disbelief from around the world when they voted Dubya in for a second term? :eek:

Back