Ireland :-UPC (NTL/CHORUS) are testing new replacment boxes

Romero

Inactive User
Reaction score
Just Read on another forum that they are testing a Thompson Decoder to replace the Sagem Decoder used by Chorus and the Pace decoder used by NTL. Could this be the end of the DBOX/Starview/Dreambox fun? has anyone on here know of anyone who got one of these Thompson boxes?

Romero

dpowerful1

Inactive User
Reaction score
surely new Dboxes/Dreamboxes will be made to work with the new decoders...

JonMMM

Elite Member
Reaction score
Unless the are going to replace all STBs to enable a new encryption system, there should be no problem, Even if they do this, it still may be posible to write a new image foe the Dbox Dreambox etc.

bob

Inactive User
Reaction score
i was on the phone to ntl the other day as soon as i got the letter saying they were changing to UPC Ireland and i was told that there would be no change of hardware (modems or STB's) its just going to be a different company, and the new STB they're testing is more than likely a HD STB

alanbk

Inactive User
Reaction score
i was on the phone to ntl the other day as soon as i got the letter saying they were changing to UPC Ireland and i was told that there would be no change of hardware (modems or STB's) its just going to be a different company, and the new STB they're testing is more than likely a HD STB
Phewwwwww !!!!

steo46

Inactive User
Reaction score
It would cost them too much money to change all the hardware in the knowledge that somebody is going to crack their new system anyway.

TEST