Iphone4 on vodafone

dizy007

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi is it possible to unlock Iphone4 from vodafone to any network 4.2.1

Hi is it possible to unlock Iphone4 from vodafone to any network 4.2.1

hi mate here`s an update for you regarding the unlock

Update on iPhone 4 Unlock on Baseband 3.10.01 and 2.10.04

Its been a while since we last heard or read anything on the upcoming iPhone 4 unlock for 3.10.01 and 2.10.04 basebands. MuscleNerd of iPhone Dev-Team has already confirmed that unlock for iPhone 4 on newer basebands wont be released until Apple drops iOS 4.3 to public.

rp.jpg

Now that iOS 4.3 is expected to drop soon, The iPhone Baseband hacker Sherif Hashim has provided an update of sorts, on the upcoming Ultrasn0w unlock for iPhone 4. According to him, the baseband crash which he has found is confirmed to be working on both the new basebands, that is: 3.10.01 and 2.10.04.
Don’t expect the unlock to drop right after iOS 4.3 is public. iPhone Dev Team will require at least a week or two for all the standard testing on the final iOS 4.3 code before releasing the updated Ultrasn0w unlock to public.

Also, in November last year, The iPhone Dev-Team released an Ultrasn0w update which enabled iPhone 3G and 3GS users to unlock their devices on iOS 4.2.1 by permanently (for now) upgrading it to iPad’s baseband 06.15.00. Rumor has it that there is soon going to be a way for iPhone 3G and 3GS users to downgrade the baseband back to the original 05.15.04 which ships with iOS 4.2.1 for these older devices.

We will have more on it as soon as we get more information on this. Stay tuned for that!

Thanks biffo1, if i install ultrasn0w from cydia will it be unlocked?

whats your baseband mate if as above now , but the good news is Apple`s 4.3 fw will be dropping soon there are 4.3 gm version for download mate but
its only for mac the jailbreak have a look here looks good the 4.3 though

Apple - iOS 4.3 Software Update

my Baseband is 3.10.01 and its 4.2.1

the best way mate for now is ask voda to unlock it , they will charge though, or you can wait for the 4.3 jailbreak and unlock

ok i will wait for jailbreak, thanks for the help but i think its free. http://help.vodafone.co.uk/system/s...PIC_INDEX=null&SIDE_LINK_SUB_TOPIC_INDEX=null

How can I get a network unlock code for my phone?
Monthly

We will supply a Network Unlock Code (NUC) for you if you've bought a phone from us on either pay monthly or pay as you go. A NUC allows you to use non-Vodafone SIM cards with your Vodafone phone.

If the unlock code is held in our systems, you will receive the unlock code and instructions by email within 24 hours.

If the unlock code is not held by us, you will get an email confirming your request has been received and that the turnaround time is 48 hours for all makes except Samsung which is 7-10 working days.
If you got the phone on pay monthly, the NUC will be free of charge, regardless of its age, as all new pay monthly phones (other than BlackBerry devices) are now supplied unlocked. You can only get unlock codes for the numbers on your account, if you have 2 mobile numbers on your account then you can get 2 free unlock codes. There is usually no charge for these network unlock codes.

Most pay monthly phones and devices are not network locked, before requesting a network unlock code please try a non-Vodafone SIM card and check for error messages.
Typical network locked messages when a non-Vodafone SIM is placed in the phone include:

Invalid SIM
PAYT Lock
SIM Card Not Accepted
Enter SP Code
Insert Correct SIM Card
Enter subsidy code

If no error message appears the device is already unlocked.

Follow the link below to fill out the NUC request webform - you will need the following information:

* phone make
* phone model
* IMEI number (get this by entering *#06# into the phone)
* your name
* your email address (where you want the unlock code sending to)
* your account number or mobile number.

If the unlock code is held in our systems, you will receive the unlock code and instructions by email within 24 hours.

If the unlock code is not held by us, you will get an email confirming your request has been received and that the turnaround time is 48 hours for all makes except Samsung which is 7-10 working days.

Last edited:
Back