iPhone Iphone Apps IPA method to use with iTune sync

you dont need to do this now just install mipatch from cydia and it does it all for you

oh, very well.

Happened to find it in one of the iphone apps packs I downloaded so no problem in the end.

mipatch would have been useful to know, save faffing around with the winscp.

One question, I've a bunch of apps in .rar folders, what do I do with these, do I just make a xxx.app folder and dump the stuff in, or do I just need the xxx.ipa.zip folder which is inside one of the folders in the zip, if that makes sense. I watched some video guide which just extracted to a folder and dumped in root>applications but nothing shows up on the springboard when I do this.

ok just got a 3g iphone i have loads of apps on my pc can i install them? or do i have to do summut to the iphone first? confused reading this lot oh and ime iphone is on contract so not jailbroken

Just use itunes to sync them with your iphone, some may not work if they are crack (i think) but if you dont you will just get an error in itunes.

if you did not buy them you can't install anything without jailbreaking!

I'm assuming you didn't else they would already have synced automatically.

No you dont have to unlock the phone to jailbreak it, jailbreaking is basically allowing you to modify the system files on the iphone as normally it is locked so you can edit anything.

Jailbreak (iPhone) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It really is very easy to do also m8. If you go ahead with it and get stuck just ask on here there is plenty of knowledgeable people on the process. :Cheers:

ok thanks will have a try on jail breaking tomorrow

make sure you back up your iphone in itunes before as quickpwn will effectivly restore the phone.

Nothing more than a couple of clicks, I would personally say no to installing Installer, just leave Cydia.

Read this for installing apps

Last edited by a moderator:
Back