iPhone Iphone Apps IPA method to use with iTune sync

Kruger

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have tried this way and it works well however i read it does not work too well if at all on an iPod Touch. This way they show up in applications in iTunes and sync to the phone.

as per other method you need version 2.0 and your iPhone to be pwned.

Credit for compiling all the info goes to geniusblog

credit for the ipa's goes to:

Turanli
coolcosmos
Covenant550
BluZ
bluemotion
_Ky_
josht182002

IPA method with iTunes

How to install Cracked IPA's:

1) Using SSH, navigate to the folder: "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileInstallation.framework"
NOTE: MobileInstallation.framework is a FOLDER!
2) Backup the file "MobileInstallation" from the directory above
3) Download this patched file - HERE
4) Copy the patched file over to "/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/MobileInstallation.framework"
5) Set permissions to that new file to 775
5) Set permissions to that new file to 775
5) Set permissions to that new file to 775 (get it yet?)
6) Reboot your iPhone - IMPORTANT! Otherwise Apps will not install!

IF YOU ENCOUNTER ERRORS BE SURE TO CHECK FAQ AT BOTTOM OF THIS POST FIRST!

------------------------------

FAQ's

Q: I get Error 0xE8000001 when I try to sync my cracked IPA's!
A: Make sure you set permissions 775 and reboot your iPhone/iPod before you sync your apps.

Q: The app "APP NAME" could not be opened - OR - My games don't save/resets!

Fix #1
A: Create a "Documents" folder in "/Applications" and "/var/mobile" and set permissions to 777.

Fix #2
A: Remove the ENTIRE "/private/var/mobile/Applications" (including the folder) via SSH, and all the sync data in iTunes. Simply Sync again (possibly twice).
Possible Alternative Fix - Set permissions to all files in the applications folder to 777

Fix #3
Restore your iPhone and start fresh from the top - actually works for many users!

Now to the Apps

I will post more whe i get them.

Can you still just rename them to .zip and SSH them?

I have a bad feeling about syncing them with iTunes, cos when the next update comes along, bye, bye apps, or worse.

Can you still just rename them to .zip and SSH them?

I have a bad feeling about syncing them with iTunes, cos when the next update comes along, bye, bye apps, or worse.

yeah they should work i done it with beatmaker and it worked so i dont see why not.

i am like you but curiosity got the better of me so i tried it and it was so simple.

and they show up in the apps bit in itunes. dont tink it will allow you to update if and when needed

All working but a couple of bugs.

Band - I think you need to d/l instruments extra
300 Bowl - quits after getting a Spare or Strike

Best games -
Hold 'em (This is the best handheld poker game I have seen)
Dizzy Bee
Scrabble

yeah noticed 300 bowls crashes out as u say.

scrabble is good so is enigmo, good wee puzzler

i am actuakky quite imoressed on the overall quality of games on the iPhone now.

releasing the SDK was good thing by apple, you can really see the jump up in quality on some stuff.

Last edited:
I tried this method but its not letting me play the games/apps, I have done everything, chmod'd everything i needed to, made the directories, and even reflashed the phone.

Old method for me i guess :(

I tried this method but its not letting me play the games/apps, I have done everything, chmod'd everything i needed to, made the directories, and even reflashed the phone.

Old method for me i guess :(

did u download the new MobileInstallation.framework and replace it.

double click the ipa's to add to itune and then sync?

you on version 2 and have pwned the phone?

Yea, i followed all the instructions and am running 2.0
it does sync, but it just says cannot run "whatever app"

I've chmod'd everything, tried deleting that folder, and resync etc.

i get that too, i get cant run bomberman app but i had this already isntalled by the method posted for monkey ball.

but it still works and all the others are on phone and working,

I've just been reading, and will try this fix shortly, but you should install a free app from the app store first, then it should work.

would be nice if it did work, as its so much easier than having to ssh them across :)
Still, shouldn't moan, they're free! :)

For those having problems, download a free app from the apple appstore first, after doing this it fixed everything, and am able to install via ipa method.

i can confirm that the above method and games all work on the ipod touch as well thanx every1 involved its very much appreciated

thats all well and good but i dont want to set up an app store account and cant get ipa files to install at all and if i extract the directory from the ipa file they wont install , if i download the versions that are just the directory i can install then by ssh , any ideas ?

PIJ

thats all well and good but i dont want to set up an app store account and cant get ipa files to install at all and if i extract the directory from the ipa file they wont install , if i download the versions that are just the directory i can install then by ssh , any ideas ?

PIJ
my friend ur troubling ur self for no reason, just create an account with apple when they ask for payment method select none and download a free application ,there u go ur problem solved, dont mind if u dont like the idea

PIJ

you can setup an American iTune account without entering any account details. thus giving u access to more free apps.

there r tuts by the help of your friend google.

thanks for both your replies , all sorted

:Clap:

PIJ

is anybody still doing this and if so can they supply me a copy of the files i need as the liink on first post is down

thanks for any help yorkie1

can anybody PM me the .framework files needed, I've set up WinSCP and have backed up the .framework folder but the link seems to be down.

Cheers

Back