iPhone IPhone 4S lock button

magicalbeef

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hi guys
My lock screen button isn't working! I've set up the accessibility button thing but is there any apps I can use on a non jb phone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi magic
If you take the back cover of which is pretty easy.you could get a small piece of cardboard and slip it under the on button its def worth a try.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

Have you tried this? I can get the back off it's only two screws I believe? I just don't wanna risk breaking it, is it something on the button that's snapped like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have you tried this? I can get the back off it's only two screws I believe? I just don't wanna risk breaking it, is it something on the button that's snapped like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOT

If it were something broken, you would feel a difference when pressing the button- the click would be missing. I've had similar with a Nokia, it was a bad solder joint on the switch.

It's not massively risky removing the back- dozens of clots on youtube seem to manage it.

cool, i was thinking of getting a new battery for my phone anyways, so could do both at the same time :)

Cheers

When you presss the on button it touches a pad.the pad might be slightly worn so by adding a bit more pressure there is a chance of getting it working.the pad is attached to a ribbon cable which is a nightmare to change.when changing your battery magic makesure its a genuine one and be carefull not to thread screw.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

how would i know if i was buying a genuine battery? as i can search that on ebay but how would i know there not ripping me?

You never know for sure, go by instinct & avoid the ones at 99p! You can usually spot the dodgy dealers.

Back