iPhone Iphone 3gs keeps rebooting every couple of mins? ios 5.1

stevecuns

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, ny nephews iphone 3gs keeps rebooting itself apx every 3 mins????

It has been jailbroken in the past but is now running original ios 5.1

it only started happening a few weeks back, think it was when he went from 5.0 to 5.1 but not certain.

also this phone has allways been a complete barstuard......

the dock connector broke so i replaced it, but that screwed up the microphone? now it is very very low. have temp fixed this with one of those little plug in mics. then theres the signal, lucky if he gets one more like, the arial connector was very tricky to get to stay on so i did help it with a small piece of bluetak. with my old 3g on o2 next to his 3gs on o2. i got full signal he got mostly 2 bars?

any advice guys......

cheers

Steve...

FYI.........

Just found a temp fix after a lot of gooogling.......lol

when it powers up (you only have apx 2mins) go into settings & do a reset (without deleting data etc) then when it finishes reseting setup location, wifi etc & then stick her on charge. Aparently this fix will only work if you dont let the phone loose all its charge. If it powers down you have to do the same again.

Not sure if this is good for my nephew as he never bothers to charge it until it switches off! (typical 14 year old)

anyroad just thought i'd let you all know, hopefully there will be a more permenant fix soon as a lot of people with the 3gs on ios 5.1 seem to be having this problem.

cheers

Steve....

FYI............

its thats what i think it means then f...ing merry christmas to you too

Nope, don't think it was... at least I didn't read it like that. I thought he was just informing anyone else who has a problem of a possible fix.

Back