Ipad

delectable

Inactive User
Reaction score
What's the cheapest way to get an ipad?

It would seem from the US?

I assume there is no difference between US/UK models?

Thanks.

I looked in to getting one from Canada as a friend would be able to ship it to me but there wasn't much difference once you take in to account shipping costs.

Thanks.

Did you get one in the end? Worth it?

Is not having flash a problem?

I ended up going to Curry's and getting it. It is expensive for what it is but I like it. Mostly use it for browsing, TV (via TVcatchup) and movies (via VLC). Not had any problems with flash so far.

I didnt get an ipad I got an epad which uses android its just as good and only cost me 120 quid unlike the 6000000 you pay for an ipad.

I didnt get an ipad I got an epad which uses android its just as good and only cost me 120 quid unlike the 6000000 you pay for an ipad.

Are they really that good was thinking of getting and epad.

Are they really that good was thinking of getting and epad.

yeah you have everything on it you would get with an ipad, my personal fave is laptua which is like ireader where you have the page curls when reading books etc. Mine plays MP3 High Def video the lot, I love it its great little item and does it all.

prag where did u get your epad from is it the 10 inch version, i am looking at getting one of these but obviously i want the cheapest place for it m8

prag where did u get your epad from is it the 10 inch version, i am looking at getting one of these but obviously i want the cheapest place for it m8

I got it on ebay m8 it was £118 plus p&p there is a lad from china who sells them, and his feedback & service are 2nd to none, the unit was here within 5 days and thats from china I have to say I love mine its great for surfing the net and you can also use a wireless dongle with it for net on the go. For reading my ebooks its simply awesome it also takes upto 32gb micro sd ( i have a 16gb in mine more than enough) heres the link m8

10.2" ZENITHINK EPAD APAD Android 2.1 WIFI Tablet UMPC on eBay (end time 27-Oct-10 20:21:40 BST)

does it support flash m8?

yes but you will have to use the starfire browser downloadable from the market, it supports Youtube also with the youtube app that plays all the stuff on youtube.

I got it on ebay m8 it was £118 plus p&p there is a lad from china who sells them, and his feedback & service are 2nd to none, the unit was here within 5 days and thats from china I have to say I love mine its great for surfing the net and you can also use a wireless dongle with it for net on the go. For reading my ebooks its simply awesome it also takes upto 32gb micro sd ( i have a 16gb in mine more than enough) heres the link m8

10.2" ZENITHINK EPAD APAD Android 2.1 WIFI Tablet UMPC on eBay (end time 27-Oct-10 20:21:40 BST)

Thanks for the link & feedback on it prag, Cheers.
2 quick questions, how's the screen response-wise, says in the specs it's resistive, not capacitive? Also the seller has some for sale now but they seem to be 1.0 GHz CPU's rather than the 1.4 GHz you got, think it's worth waiting for the higher spec CPU model?
HH.

i notice this and put it down to a marketing typo error, when you dig deeper some on ebay say 1.2 GHz but have they have zt-180a processor

screen looks like plastic and you know it wont have the same feel as a ipad/iphone

Im going to wait and see if the quality gets better.

alright lads

a couple of quick questions

where do you get the apps from for this,

and can you plug this in to a tv

thanks

Thanks for the link & feedback on it prag, Cheers.
2 quick questions, how's the screen response-wise, says in the specs it's resistive, not capacitive? Also the seller has some for sale now but they seem to be 1.0 GHz CPU's rather than the 1.4 GHz you got, think it's worth waiting for the higher spec CPU model?
HH.

Yes its resitive however its still good for what you want it for in my opion. Dont be fooled that you are getting the same touch as the ipad your not but having said that its still good for what you pay for. I would wait for the 1.4ghz CPU as the 1.0Ghz are not man enough for the job from what I have reading. If any of you guys want more info I would get on over to http://www.slatedroid.com it has a full wiki on all slates including this one and there are people there with more expertise than me. This includes rather good firmware updates which should be applied as soon as you get the tablet. I personnally did mine as soon as I got it which improved performance bar none.

As for the question regarding apps there are two apps that are available for that that is the obvious market which is the offcial one and there is another from applanet which is not official but has all the free apps you are ever gonna need. You cannot plug this into the TV BTW.

Hope this helps yall :proud:

I would wait for the 1.4ghz CPU as the 1.0Ghz are not man enough for the job from what I have reading.

I would say its the memory that they supply that would be the problem not the CPU ?

Most come with 256MB which is not really much especially if you want to multi task.

but of course the 1.4 would be better but they should also bundle in 1GB of ram (min).

Mick

I would say its the memory that they supply that would be the problem not the CPU ?

Most come with 256MB which is not really much especially if you want to multi task.

but of course the 1.4 would be better but they should also bundle in 1GB of ram (min).

Mick

But that would add about another £100 on the price.

I am only really looking for something to surf the web with.

h**p://www.wowstore.it/Tablet_PC_7_Android_20_3G_Wifi_Camera/p503133_1877731.aspx

This looks Ok (any comments)
I dont want to buy crap

Back