Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

iPad iPad mail threads

Him Her

VIP Member
VIP Member
I've got one with 120 posts and it's REALLY slow. I've turned off 'Organise by Thread' now but it's still slow on those emails that are/were in the thread.

Fixable or not?

Looks like a corrupt email.

In the meantime I've had to tweak the iPad after upgrading to iOS 7. That proved a little tricky as you really need iTunes to sync and backup before messing about. Now if you have Windows it's fairly straightforward, whizz into iTunes, let the iPad sync then do a backup. In settings on the iPad there's an option to reset which will erase everything and put you back to start-up as if it just came out of the box. Go through setup and then connect back to iTunes to do your restore.

This fixes some of the problems reported after the iOS upgrade such as slow response etc.

If you have Linux you're stuffed because there is no iTunes for Linux and you can't install iTunes on Wine or PlayonLinux 'cos it don't work!

However, not to be beaten, I installed VirtualBox on Linux then installed Windows/XP as Virtual Machine and installed iTunes on that! Neat :)

Last edited:
Back