iPad iPad cracked screen

CrazyFool

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys

Just need somebody to confirm that I'm on the right lines. I've got an iPad 2 that works fine but the front glass has shattered after my niece threw it onto the bathroom floor.

Is this what I need to do:
iPad 2 Screen Repair Video Tutorial Replace Cracked Glass LCD Screen Touchscreen Digitizer - (Fast) - YouTube

OR

How to replace a cracked or broken screen on an iPad 2 | iMore.com

and is this the part I need and does it have all the tools I'll be needing with it?:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Touch-Scr...K_Replacement_Parts_Tools&hash=item27c97f7294

Thanks in advance,

Crazy

Last edited:
Hello Crazy.
The kit on ebay should do the job as long as the lcd panel has not been damaged. Just take your time when you do the job as you can do more damage if you are not careful.
Regards Steve.

Thanks for the reply buddy.

I ordered the parts and am currently part way through making the repair.
Really annoyed with myself cos I destroyed the fkn bezel or trim that lines the edge of the case to help the glass screen sit flush.
I've had to order a new one for a couple of quid but it means more waiting!!

The first one you do can be a pain. The next one will be easy.

Let's hope there isn't a next one - unless you're helping someone else out. :)

haha yh. lets hope so :S

I dunno if my wifi board is messed up too. I can use the ipad, but the wifi signal fluctuates between 3 bars and 1 bar. Is this normal? I just checked and there is a very slight tear in the black wifi thing.

:S

Last edited:
Hi Guys.

I am in a world of pain.

Turns out my wifi antenna got slightly torn so I ordered a new one.
I was trying to unplug the wifi cable from the bluetooth/wifi module as shown here at 02:17

How to change Fix Repair WiFi cable on a iPad2 - YouTube

and I've destroyed the bit on the wifi board that the small cable connects to :C

Please help me somebody. A new one of them boards costs 100 quid :S
and I can't get the wifi cable to sit into that port as the port is a little crushed. I've tried shaping the metal to help the cable sit into it but to no avail.

What are my options? Please dont say soldering! :(

Thanks buddy.

I've tried sticking it down with cellotape but I dont think I'm making electrical contact :S

Any other suggestions?

I'll try the glue, if not should I explore the soldering route?
Is it just one node on a wifi antenna that needs to be soldered or are there 2 points?

one would be easier of course. just a fat blob of solder will get my wifi going :)

Cheers again

Crazy

I've found they are fairly tedious to fix. Good luck!
===
I've found they are fairly tedious to fix. Good luck!

Definately not impossible though
===
Theres heaps of vids on youtube about that stuff.
===
or you could pay someone to do it!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back