iPad ipad 1 screen fault, need your help

hoss6800

Member ++
Reaction score
Hi,

I have an iPad one which has a faulty screen similar to attached picture, ( attached picture is not mine). Well, mine is worse, as I can't see anything in the faulty section :(
Just need your advise on what I need to order, LCD or ribbon?

Thanks

index.jpg

TBH, you probably won't know until you pull it to bits. However, be warned, it's a b*tch of a job and with plenty of people doing repairs you might want to consider that route.

Thanks for your reply
I know what you mean, but I fancy having a go at it, to see what happens, what is the best way to test the cable?

Thanks

I don't believe you can M8 - I think it's permanently attached to the panel so if the cable is faulty you'll have to replace the whole panel.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You may just have a bad connection - you could try tapping the iPad around the area of the cable connector. With the power button to your left and the screen facing you the cable connector is at the top left. Tap the back corner gently and see if you get any change on screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I tried to have a look at a damaged iPad that my daughter had.

I would recommend buying the tool (spudger - only about £4) as I broke a few clips while trying to open the casing with a small blunt blade! (typical impatient bloke :) )

It was the LCD that had gone, and the youtube vid below helped me replace the new LCD, so I hope it might help you too

replace LCD Video

Thanks to you guys, now iPad has been taken apart, and new screen on order, just waiting for it to arrive and see what happens
I rushed a bit and broke few of the clips :eh?: so had to order few of those as well
I will keep you updated.
Thanks for your help again

Just to let you know, I have done it.
Thanks to you guys and some wonderful instructions on Youtube, I replaced the screen.

Thanks again for your help and support

Back