Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

iPad Ipad 1 - Different OS possible?

gadgethome

VIP Member
VIP Member
Hi,

Wife's Ipad 1 keeps crashing while browsing internet. Tried different browsers, tried restoring but nothing solves it.

Can Andriod, Ubuntu or anything else be installed instead? Tried searching but not much around which leads me to think not.

thanks.

Hi,

Wife's Ipad 1 keeps crashing while browsing internet. Tried different browsers, tried restoring but nothing solves it.

Can Andriod, Ubuntu or anything else be installed instead? Tried searching but not much around which leads me to think not.

thanks.

I have heard of people getting linux and android also i think there was a case of win 95 being on an ios device but none were very practical. i wouldnt try if functionality is what your after.

if the ipad has outlived its usefulness you might be able to trade it in for credit on a new one. iPad recycling program - Get an Apple Gift Card for your old iPad - Apple Store (UK)

Thanks for the link. Just tried it and ipad has no damage or scratches and they offer £35 credit. May as well just keep it and use for ebook reader and listening music.

Hi,

thanks.

Even after jailbreaking you'd have a locked-down boot-loader to contend with and drivers to write for the proprietary hardware to say nothing about lack of touch-screen support in Linux. Nice idea though :)

Back