Reaction score
Hi All

At the moment i'm Jailbroken on

5.1.1 (9B206)
model MC131B
Serial 88945
firmware 05.13.04

and unlocked to any network

in the past i've had to downgrade the firmware from Ipad baseband 6.15.0, though i've upgraded from 4.1 to 5.1.1 on the IOS

In Cydia i have the shsh 6.0.1 saved but i have been told i can't upgrade to this as i will lose the possibility to unlock my phone to any network

Is this true or have the wizards of technical knowledge found a solution

Cheers
Mark

you will always beable to unlock the 3G/3GS buy installing the ipad baseband 06.15.00 and if you want downgrade it to 05.13.04
both basebands are unlockable using ultrasn0w (dont get basebands confused with firmware versions)
the simplest way would be to update using a custom firmware to preserve your current baseband.
you can create a custom firmware with redsn0w or sn0wbreeze.

there's only a tethered jailbreak available at the moment for 6.0.1
which means you would need redsn0w to boot your phone if you ever turn it off.... or battery dies etc

there's a few guides and pointers in this thread: https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/292995/

Last edited by a moderator:
my phone randomly shuts off at the mo so could do with a untethered IOS

Cheers for the advice

but knowing me and boredom can i downgrade my IOS if i do decide to upgrade?

Like Kryton said ?

" there's only a tethered jailbreak available at the moment for 6.0.1
which means you would need redsn0w to boot your phone if you ever turn it off.... or battery dies etc "

i've got the shsh saved, i think i might have a play (human desire)

Cheers

I'll hang on,

I've just noticed that i have 4.1, 5.01, 5.1.1 and 6.01 saved in cydia is someone able to explain how i've acquired them and how do i get 6.1 saved as shsh blob

Also by the looks of it i can't upgrade to 6.1

Back