Invalid Platform already FALSE 4000T

minesh

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi guys, ive just acquired a 4000T.

I pulled the red jumper and removed the battery to set the netid. The netid is now 09999 but the funny thing is I can edit/set the netid in the eng menu. So anyway I set the correct netid and freq and pressed the TV button. The box reboots and displays PACE on lcd but a blue screen comes up saying:

PRIMARY LOADER
Skipping Download
Invalid Platform already FALSE
RUN PLATFORM

then - - - - (4 dashes)

I tried setting the netid with a funcard but no help

It doesnt come up with PACE, NIT then - - - -

Is the box kaput?? I pay VM (tw) for starter package £5.50

I cant get it to update and therefore no channels appear. No screen at all.

I tried putting a new macro in but the only difference it made is that it is now showing a URL and number of downloads = 1 in the eng menu and come up with a with a white "Please wait" screen in purple writing.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Minesh

edit: tried 4321, 1234, 2321 tricks aswell but no luck

to set the id with fun you need the ird + bk m8
load files exteep inteep flash put box in em on id page then put card in

to set the id with fun you need the ird + bk m8
load files exteep inteep flash put box in em on id page then put card in

hi mate, sorry i didnt make that clear. I meant to say i have tried setting the netid with a funcard and it works but the box wont update. The box reboots when funcard is inserted but it wont update ie numbers rolling on lcd. I have the correct BK and IRD and the netid and freq

Thanks for the reply

look for the anti update mod - piece of wire around the atties ithink or one of the legs lifted m8 if it wount update also daft one make sure line is live and the frequency is set

look for the anti update mod - piece of wire around the atties ithink or one of the legs lifted m8 if it wount update also daft one make sure line is live and the frequency is set

thanks for your continued help...

I have a live cable feed (pay £5.50 for TV starter pack) also tried my broadband feed. I have updated other boxes with no problems. the no update mod has not been done as the resistor is intact.

Regards,

Minesh

piece of wire around the atties i think or one of the legs lifted is the others
also check the id is right m8
only suggestions for you
also check signal leavels m8 <<<< added

piece of wire around the atties i think or one of the legs lifted is the others
also check the id is right m8
only suggestions for you
also check signal leavels m8 <<<< added

I think the 4000 models involve removing a resistor to stop it from updating...

Also my netid and freq are 110% correct.

Please see attachment.

edit: signal levels are all green on eng menu, i'm confused.com!!!!!

Regards,

Minesh

i have box from other platform pink menus get all channels but all over the place
the only way to update it is to take it to its orginal place and let it update my
sons have got it they only watch cartoon network anyway

i have box from other platform pink menus get all channels but all over the place
the only way to update it is to take it to its orginal place and let it update my
sons have got it they only watch cartoon network anyway

Hi mate thanks for your reply.

The box is a 4000T and i'm in a TW area... unless its been flashed for use in another area...?

Minesh

Hi just an update, ive been comparing my other modded 4000t with the problem one.

I have noticed one major difference:

The software version on my working modded box is Software Version: P3.3_6_11_KNOW_P10

and the faulty one is: Code Release: P3.LIBERATE_E1.0.CR3

Both hardware version are the same P3.197

I think the concerned one has the old cr3 software, but i cant seem to force an update.

Is there any way I could flash it myself using a jtag?

Thanks in advance

Minesh

Hi just an update, ive been comparing my other modded 4000t with the problem one.

I have noticed one major difference:

The software version on my working modded box is Software Version: P3.3_6_11_KNOW_P10

and the faulty one is: Code Release: P3.LIBERATE_E1.0.CR3

Both hardware version are the same P3.197

I think the concerned one has the old cr3 software, but i cant seem to force an update.

Is there any way I could flash it myself using a jtag?

Thanks in advance

Minesh

the old cr3 wouldn't be the problem m8...it will update on tw {some 4000 mainboards wouldn't allow you to update manualy}

if pace doesn't show then its a bootup problem with the box.............sounds like the st micro is either corrupt or it needs a reflow

OK thanks mate.

PACE does show up on the box.

This is what shows up on the "faulty" box (no cable feed):
PACE > Ldr > - - - - and then all off but top standby light on. Can't control or see anything

This is what happens on my other working 4000T (no cable feed):
PACE > NIT > Err11 > Err16

This is what shows up on the "faulty" box (with cable feed):
PACE > - - - - then all off but top standby light on. Can't control or see anything

This is what happens on my other working 4000T (with cable feed):
PACE > NIT > - - - - > Then AP03 -53 and all working onlasst tuned channel

Thanks

Minesh

OK thanks mate.

PACE does show up on the box.

This is what shows up on the "faulty" box (no cable feed):
PACE > Ldr > - - - - and then all off but top standby light on. Can't control or see anything

This is what happens on my other working 4000T (no cable feed):
PACE > NIT > Err11 > Err16

This is what shows up on the "faulty" box (with cable feed):
PACE > - - - - then all off but top standby light on. Can't control or see anything

This is what happens on my other working 4000T (with cable feed):
PACE > NIT > - - - - > Then AP03 -53 and all working onlasst tuned channel

Thanks

Minesh

i still think its the st micro m8...the box isn't booting up fully...........ive known this to happen on a 4000t before..........its either corruption or a bad connection on 1 of the legs

thanks for your reply mate.

if it is a bad connection on one of the legs could i just heat it up a little to allow it to sit properly

I'm just checking it now

Minesh

edit: it may be corrupted as the legs seem to be in place

Last edited:
Back