Internet Sharing Problems

Baco

Inactive User
Reaction score
Well, i´m having a cablemodem(SB5101i)+conceptronic router c100brs4h(v2) to sharing internet for three computers. When we browse on internet, emule,etc. it´s work fine, but the problem comes when we playing online (internet), we have disconnections every 3 o 4 minutes, we suppose that the cablemodem autoreset.

Do you now a solution?
Can We resolve its problem with a wireless cablemodem or uncapp the SB5101i?

Sorry for my bad english.

Baco said:
Well, i´m having a cablemodem(SB5101i)+conceptronic router c100brs4h(v2) to sharing internet for three computers. When we browse on internet, emule,etc. it´s work fine, but the problem comes when we playing online (internet), we have disconnections every 3 o 4 minutes, we suppose that the cablemodem autoreset.

Do you now a solution?
Can We resolve its problem with a wireless cablemodem or uncapp the SB5101i?

Hi mate, First I take it you are playing games on your lan i.e. three computers against each other or are you individually connecting to a game server on the net?

If LAN, Can you do a quick test for me please. play the games and look at the lights on the router. make sure you have no orange lights or collisions.

If internet it will be your modem not able to cope with the bandwidth and throwing its hand in

Capdan

In lan, no problem.
The problem is on Internet playing. My conexion is 4Mb/300Kb.

Well,

When there is only a computer playing (internet) and other computer browsing (internet) whitout playing, we have the same problem (disconnection).

If the problem is that the modem not able to cope with the bandwidth and throwing its hand in.

Do I solve this problem uncapping the cable modem?, and
What i have to change?

I´m sorry,

Can I uncap the cable modem to solve this problem?, and
What i have to change?

ok, that rules out your router being the problem it must me the modem.
Personally I would purchase another adsl modem with a 4 port hub built in

Hope this helps

Capdan

My conexion isn´t adsl, it´s cable.

Back