Internet Explorer Issue ??

thomson

Inactive User
Reaction score
Can someone tell me why i keep getting this little popup intermitantly (see attachment) and how to stop it coming up in future please ??

It doesnt really do anything, i just click on ok and continue surfing, but i would prefer it didnt appear at all.

please advise, thank you :Cheers:

Dutcho said:
Coz you need to use firefox ;)

ye mate, ive got firefox too, but also want IE to running if someone can help :Cheers:

goto tools > pop up blocker > settings > change filter level to high.

see if that helps. thats were i would start.

chetzy said:
goto tools > pop up blocker > settings > change filter level to high.

see if that helps. thats were i would start.

is that not just for third party popups what you suggested mate ???
What iam getting looks like a message from the actual internet explorer program (see attachment above), iam not sure though, is it ???

Have you tried running a program like "adaware", this looks like it could be a spyware or ad linkto me.

davelichfield said:
Have you tried running a program like "adaware", this looks like it could be a spyware or ad linkto me.
ye, tried that matey :Cheers: still the same though

thomson said:
is that not just for third party popups what you suggested mate ???
What iam getting looks like a message from the actual internet explorer program (see attachment above), iam not sure though, is it ???

from the image u sent me , it just looks like the pop-up is from a 3rd party just trying to get u to click,
try changing the settings to what i said and run a adware remover program to be safe.

chetzy said:
from the image u sent me , it just looks like the pop-up is from a 3rd party just trying to get u to click,
try changing the settings to what i said and run a adware remover program to be safe.

ok, i will try it, ive already tried ad-aware, but i'll try adjusting the settings to what you say and let ya know how it go's :Cheers:

Back