insurance

Glassman

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all i know this is a nightmare to start off with however he goes? Trying to get my daughter insurance on car yeah 17 years old provisional licence you name it i have tried it or been quoted on it. Was just wondering if anyone knows of a company or something i havent tried to get a half decent quote as i know its not going to be cheap. Any help much appreciated...

Hi all i know this is a nightmare to start off with however he goes? Trying to get my daughter insurance on car yeah 17 years old provisional licence you name it i have tried it or been quoted on it. Was just wondering if anyone knows of a company or something i havent tried to get a half decent quote as i know its not going to be cheap. Any help much appreciated...

driving lessons could just be cheaper if you pick it up quick. after ten lessons i was ready for my test. lol:banana:

Sorry to burst your bubble m8 but beleive it or not her insurance goes up once you have passed your test?????? lol? as you are no longer supervised?

have you tryed tesco mate my mate was still learning and he was building up his no claims too worth a shot what type of car ??

Sorry to burst your bubble m8 but beleive it or not her insurance goes up once you have passed your test?????? lol? as you are no longer supervised?

you dont pay for insurance when you pay for drivng lessons. if someone has said you need too then they are robbing you mate

vauxhall corsa 1 litre

the problem with a corsa is that most young drivers like boy racers have these cars and hence the reason why insurance dompanys have to put the prices up higher cause there is a high possibility they are going to crash them

What i dont get is insurance companies and common sense tells people after they passed to get a low engine capacity car with low insurance group. so they get this basic car, insurance is low, then they see that a lot of people are buying this car, so they put the price of insurance up. its corsas now, so they move onto puntos, then insurance companies pick up on this and put the price of insuring puntos higher.

That is a very good point m8 and thats why its important to inform your insurance as soon as you have passed your test.
Just a suggestion m8 when doing your quote add your self as an additional driver if its on her own car as this brings the price down a fair bit.

That is a very good point m8 and thats why its important to inform your insurance as soon as you have passed your test.
Just a suggestion m8 when doing your quote add your self as an additional driver if its on her own car as this brings the price down a fair bit.

but if you get a driving instructor then you dont have to pay for insurance until she has passed. i didnt until i passed. try and work out how much the insurance is, then work out how many lessons you can get instead for the same money. it may even be cheaper to pay for the guaranteed pass instructors for a few hundred quid.

but if you get a driving instructor then you dont have to pay for insurance until she has passed. i didnt until i passed. try and work out how much the insurance is, then work out how many lessons you can get instead for the same money. it may even be cheaper to pay for the guaranteed pass instructors for a few hundred quid.

I cant argue with that logic m8 it makes good sense.
I put my daughter on my insurance when she was learning but towards the end of her training. It gave her some practice as i did not try and teach her anything. It was invaluble to her as she knew the theory of it and just need the practce ie manouvers and i suppose just general driving. This would have been expensive via the instructor at £25 an hour where i could take her out for a couple of hours for the price of a gallon of petrol. By the way she passed first time with no problems. She then went on to do her pass pluss as this got her up to 33% discount on insurance and the local council sponsers young drivers for half the cost. Its well worth doing.

i put my girlfrind on my insurence as a learner on 1.2 punto and my insurence went down by 60 pound

Maybe I'm an exception but my insurance stayed the same when I foned the company to tell them I'd passed.

Try confused.com for a range of quotes, quinn direct was cheapest for me and quite a few people who passed around the same time as me.

Back