Install Enigma 2 On Your Miraclebox 6 HD PVR (1st)Dual Boot

Julez101

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

This is a tutorial I made on the Miraclebox forums Which I will share here too. After much trial and error I finally managed to install a dual boot of Enigma 2/Octagon SF918 SE+ on the Miraclebox 6 HD PVR 1st gen. In this post I will write a tutorial on how to do this.

Things you will need: PC/Laptop with Internet access
A USB Pen Drive Preferably larger than 1GB
A Null Modem Cable (Also a USB to Serial for those who do not have DB9 on PC)
Patience
icon_e_wink.gif

Step 1:

First of all you will need to follow this tutorial here and Install the Octagon 918 SE + firmware on your box. The Firmware can be found here http://fortisclub.com/en/file/item/down ... 21116.html.

Once the firmware is up and running you will be good to continue to the next step.

Step 2:

Download (PKT_SF918SE+_E2_HAARP_v3c_Image_HDCLONE) from here http://www.2shared.com/file/CZhEh-VH/PK ... Image.html. Save it to your desktop and then extract it. We will use it shortly... It is packed with both the firmware for the usb stick (Enigma) and the Loader software.

Next you will need to download HDclone from wherever you might find it (Torrent search might help) Once downloaded extract and install HD clone to your PC.

Now Turn off your receiver by unplugging it. Plug your Null modem cable in to the pc and the receiver. Open the Folder that was first extracted to you desktop and extract (Loader_changer_for_SF918SE+_v1.2) Open the folder and then run the loader app click connect and plug the power back into the box. Once that is done and it shows ''connected'' at the lower left then we are good. Leave it for now. Open the same folder and extract the PKTloader. Open the extracted folder and copy the file to your USB. Note that for this step the USB pen drive must be formatted to FAT file system. Plug the USB out of the PC and plug it into the back of your receiver. Head back to the PC and click on the Load PKTloader 6.2 button. It will load, The lights on the box will then flash and when green you can close the software. In the same folder there is a guide to follow if I have not been clear enough. Once you have loaded PKTloader to your box we can then setup the USB stick to be able to boot enigma 2 from it.

MINI HOWTO
Install E2 by HDCLONE
1. Run HDCLONE
2. Put USB stick in PC Port
3. Press Recovery
4. choose SF918SE+_GIT-3279_PKT-1342.img
5. choose your USB stick where you want to install E2
6. Press Next
7. Press Apply adjustment
8. Press Start copying
9. Press adjust automatically after copy finished
10. Final screen:

Now you are able to boot from this USB pen drive and enjoy all the Benefits of the Enigma 2 Image on your
Octagon 918 SE+
Fortis HS-7110
GoldMaster 1040/1045
Optibox Gekko
Rebox RE-2200
Skyway Light
HD Box FS-7110
Openbox S4
ICom HD-1070
Dynavision DV-5000
GI S8580
XCruiser XDSR 380
Dreamsky HD4
Supermax 7100
SkySat Mini
Icecrypt S3500
Miraclebox 6
Vegasat X1
Atemio 500/510

HAVE FUN Friends! Any Questions feel free to ask!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have edited out the link to the other forum as we don't allow links mate

Sent from my Ployer Momo 12

Alright man, thanks and now I know for future reference..

Back