Injury issues for Arsenal against Porto Wednesday

hatab

VIP Member
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Injury issues for Arsenal

Tue, 16 Feb 14:57:31 2010

Arsenal are without five first-team regulars for the Champions League trip to Porto.

William Gallas (back),
Alex Song (knee)
Andrey Arshavin (hamstring)
Manuel Almunia
Eduardo (hamstring).

Long Term
Robin van Persie (ankle)
Johan Djourou (knee)

Veteran former captain Sol Campbell could be set for a first European appearance for the Gunners since the 2006 Champions League final defeat by Barcelona in Paris, while forward Carlos Vela returns from a knee injury.

Gallas and Song is the real miss here :(

I think arshavin needs a few games rest anyway his sharpness is nowhere near his standards!

Never mind wenger had chances to bolster the squad an never so lets see what happens I will be happy with a draw as I do not think we are very strong at the moment.

Mickie

Gallas and Song is the real miss here :(

I think arshavin needs a few games rest anyway his sharpness is nowhere near his standards!

Never mind wenger had chances to bolster the squad an never so lets see what happens I will be happy with a draw as I do not think we are very strong at the moment.

Mickie

Exactly right mate, Arshavin looks a shadow of the player we know he is. A few weeks rest should do him some good.

For me Song is the big miss for you guys. Still with captain Marvel playing and the european style of way you play in cant see Arsenal struggling too much, but Porto have always been a surprise outfit, depends which Porto side are out today.

Looks like Wenger's faith in Fabianski was highly misplaced...another Arsenal implosion

Never thought that I would agree with you Nani, but you got that spot on

Me either lol, I always knew that flappyhandski was a no no!

We have a keeper called woytech sceszny who when he gets out of his nappies will be a top class keeper one day but for now we have almunia who is a nightmare waiting to happen, flappy who is a nightmare, another idiot called vito menona or something like that who is worse than the other 2 lmao.

To be honest I saw enough to know we will beat them quite comfortably at the emirates but that will also depend on injuries not the keepers.

We have 8 good players missing at the moment.

But again wenger had the chance to bolster the squad and never so he must take the blame for this, but unlike most impatient idiot gooners we should give time to a team that is coming of age there is still youth we just need time.

In a league where the more debt and money you have the more you will win I will take what we have now and snap it away and sooner or later we will be right by wenger.

I do not think he wants to lose games, and lets be honest we was pretty unlucky today - the rub of the green does not fall upon us like other teams lol

Mickie

We have a keeper called woytech sceszny

haha his name is Wojciech Szczesny f*** knows how you say it though, he came from Legia Warsaw.

i saw him a couple of years ago when my cousin and i went and watched the reserves, he was doing ok and i recon we would have seen him in the first team by now but he broke both his arms whilst in the gym on his own (silly boy). by all accounts he is knocking on the door and it will not be long before he is again a first team option.

Back