Inadyn dyndns

bigboris

Inactive User
Reaction score
Any help please
it tells me to-- ip adress for me needs to update to ww.xx.yy.zz

w. inadyn error validating dyndns svr answer Check usr.pass.hostname?????????
whats all this about
any answer please
Regards boris

Last edited by a moderator:
this is software that is used to update your dyndns address. Basically you have a 'dyndns' address so that someone can find you on the internet even if your IP changes (usually used if you want someone sharing from you).
The error message you are getting is because the software cannot update your recent change of IP address as the settings are wrong ~ie username or password are not set correct.

Hi Pinkhelmets
thanks for the reply , just wondered how i can change the settings
Regards boris

and that you are running dyndns updater on your pc correctly configured and connected will show a green box with white tick in the taskbar
regards terrybobs

Dyndns have recently started cancelling accounts on a monthly basis.
They are sending out emails which need to be clicked on to keep the account alive.

It may be that you have missed an email.

i'm not sure on that software bigboris, just done a quite google on it and it seems you have to change a .conf file found in c:\windows\inadyn but i've never used it so dont know.
Whoever hosts your dyndns address may have a tutorial for it?

I'd use dyndns.com and their software- dyndns updater as mentioned above, its much easier and more popular.

Yep thanks
on the site now
mindbogglin stuff

Giving it a miss for now its doing my head in????
going to the pub---------

Last edited:
Getting router

Hi i got on to dyndns and put in a user name for various reasons, and my ip
however if i type in my new name at dyndns.biz,,,i get my router main page up with all my details on, surely this is not correct? i am wanting it to go to my ********.Any answers please? (on other peoples you get only a password screen)
Thanks
(any pms)

This is normal. You will get your own router menu if you are on the same internal LAN, but if you are accessing from outside your Lan (via internet) then you hit your router firewall and either get- login page or page cannot display, depending on what your router does with incoming traffic.
So if i was to type your dyndns i wouldnt see your router menu, but if you type your dyndns it will be just the same as typing 192.168.1.1 or whatever you type to get to your router menu.
The reason is because your dyndns is set to send traffic to your router, that is what it is used for.

further to pinkhelmets reply you have to set up port forwarding on your router to the ip address of your dream box and also enable dyndns on your router which varies depending on your make and model, in my linksys its is setup page / ddns / dropdown menu for who you are with ie dyndns or TZO.com then enter your user and pass then if you have enabled inadyn on the dreambox it will direct all incoming to that ip

regards terrybobs

Back