[IMAGE] Lincsat Beta7-FTA

lincsat

Inactive User
Reaction score
https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/posts/1380172/

Here's a new Image for your consideration.

Built from the CVS of 13/10/2008.

Includes the UK Mods, LCD-EPG, Channel Icons, Tuxweather with Webcams, Location scanning & the Key copy for Gbox

feature.

Set your Location from the Blue Button menu and you're ready to scan. SPTS mode and UCODE0014 are ON by default.

With Special thanks to all the UK Modders.

Important Note:
This is a FTA Image with no Keys or Emu's installed. The EMU's have been removed from /bin/emu and the Nagra Rom

files removed from /var/keys - There is a Dummy keyfile in there, leave that alone.

Do not modify this image to receive any channels that you do not pay for.

Have Fun

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for sharing lincsat. I'll give this a whirl and leave some feedback later
:Clap:

thebigman

Just a quick update image flashed no probs. Up and running ok. Cant get any epg data at all though. May be something i've done though I'll have to leave it a while before i can play about some more. I'll let you know if I sort it out.

thebigman

i've noticed slow EPG population recently on a few images.

i usually put it on the PVR_EPG channel for a little while, see if it cures it

nice 1 lincs - will have a go of this at the weekend!

sorted now, nothing to do with the image. The epg data for some reason whenever I scan the epg wont come back till I do a hard restart. restarting from the menu wont do it. Tried with virgin 2.1 as well exactly the same.

thebigman

yeah, sorry i wasn't clear - i just meant more recently for me the EPG has been sometimes slow to get going - i put this down to virmin, not the various images

Just installed this image, nice to seen tuxwetter back (now lets see whats going on around london lol - o and also try and find new cameras)

took awile for the the epg and the other thing to update but it seems alright now

will use it and play with it alot more and let you know if anything comes up

**Edit**
How comes it shows "reloading channel List, Please wait" it comes on frequently - can this be stopped?

Last edited:
**Edit**
How comes it shows "reloading channel List, Please wait" it comes on frequently - can this be stopped?

go into Dbox Services > Service Scan and turn 'Selection Scan' (or it might be 'Background Scan') OFF. If you've set your location and it's working fine, it's good to occasionally have this on as it'll pick up new channels and update old ones for example if there's a name change (i.e. like recently, UKTV Gold changing to G.O.L.D)

I have another problem ucodes aren't changing via the menu. The system doesn't restart when you select the new ucode you have to restart yourself, but the ucode isn't changing. I had to change it by deleting the ucode.bin link and making a new link to oo1a in tuxbox commander. I was wondering why i was getting black screens and chirping on channel change now it is on oo1a it's running sweet.

thebigman

I've discovered that bug myself, also it's doesn't re-boot properly from the main menu - that's why I call them beta :)

Thanks for the image Lincsat. Great beta image this. Been a while since I have used an image with all the tuxwetter etc stuff on it. This image worked the best so far for me for recording and playback. Recorded programs over the network to my Popcorn Hour and the recordings and network automount at startup etc work perfectly with no buffering messages every few seconds like my previous attempts of late.

As you say its a beta so I am have some issues with mute button being enabled, EPG not reliable etc but the picture quality has been spot on for the channels Ive had.

I'll be going back to my other image for the reliability factor but if this image makes it past Beta I'll certainly be looking to give it a whirl.

Cheers

go into Dbox Services > Service Scan and turn 'Selection Scan' (or it might be 'Background Scan') OFF. If you've set your location and it's working fine, it's good to occasionally have this on as it'll pick up new channels and update old ones for example if there's a name change (i.e. like recently, UKTV Gold changing to G.O.L.D)

I too have this problem, Usually have the xxx chans hidden because of the kids but they keep appearing in unsorted / newchannels bouquets. Tried what ManofScience suggested but option does not exist. Wife doing my head asking me to get rid of em after every couple of hours :(. Apart form this image seems very solid. And no problems with recording :)

they appeared in new channels because they are new channels the image picked up, all you have to do it move them somewhere - or like i have done ive made a bouquet and set it to lock and hide & added all the adult channels in there, which you can do it by DBox > Services > bouquet
if you delete the channels then they will appear again as the dbox will find them again

also you can edit the myservices.xml file and add them in there

I too have this problem, Usually have the xxx chans hidden because of the kids but they keep appearing in unsorted / newchannels bouquets. Tried what ManofScience suggested but option does not exist. Wife doing my head asking me to get rid of em after every couple of hours :(. Apart form this image seems very solid. And no problems with recording :)

what image you using? i know it's somewhere else in a sportster image but most UK modded images have the background/selection scan option in the 'Service Scan' screen. it'll have 3 options 'on', 'on without messages' and 'off'

Personally, i have a myservices file created and i have all the stuff i want permanently hidden in there set to be removed. they never appear.

Just installed this image, nice to seen tuxwetter back (now lets see whats going on around london lol - o and also try and find new cameras)

took awile for the the epg and the other thing to update but it seems alright now

will use it and play with it alot more and let you know if anything comes up

**Edit**

when i try to use this i get error 6 message any ideas?

Error 6 means that either you don't have a live internet connection to the box or the site is temporarially unavailable.

Back