image issues

premprop51

DW F1 champion 2011
VIP Member
Reaction score
I loaded openpli 4 image on my mates dm800se any its working perfect so I decided to put it on mine and its being a pain in the arse, to start with the time was all over the place it wouldn't keep up ive tried the dvb time plugin and its a wee bit better after a while it hangs but when u change channel it updates itself, and next the channels/picons are all over the place I sat for hours the other night sorting them all out in order got them perfect woke up the next morning and there all mixed up again ie: I had them numbered 1 2 3 etc now they start 1035 1036 1037 etc and theres picons missing everywhere,and im also getting a lot of channels saying tune failed, ran the updater but there still not coming back,
until I know they'll stay saved next time im not wasting time sorting them out!!!

so could this be that the box doesn't like this image or am I missing something here??

Are there not different versions of the cloned dm800se like V1 V2 etc..this could be the cause.

yes I your right AJT my m8 got the newer v2 version, but I assumed the image would still function the same on my older v1, before that I was using the dw image and it worked perfect.....dunno why I bothered changing it to be honest!

just wondering if anyone else is having same issues?

cheers.

Hi if you have a V1 box it needs a V1 image mate..
Then all should be good..
Have a look in the downloads section there will be images for your box there..

yes I your right AJT my m8 got the newer v2 version, but I assumed the image would still function the same on my older v1, before that I was using the dw image and it worked perfect.....dunno why I bothered changing it to be honest!

just wondering if anyone else is having same issues?

cheers.

The v2 800se image wont flash to a se v1 .

This may have a bearing on your problem.

cheers guys ill have a look into this,

ferret the image has flashed no problem just a few issues with it, ill have a look around and find a decent v1 image.

cheers again.

cheers guys ill have a look into this,

ferret the image has flashed no problem just a few issues with it, ill have a look around and find a decent v1 image.

cheers again.

I take it then both boxes are sim 2 ?

I ask because a V2 original image was never made by OpenPLI they stopped supporting new Dream Models but gjstroom did one for the clone version of the 800se v2

Both your boxes must be the same to use the same image though becuase the v1 box uses a 84d bootloader the v2 uses 88a and that is one of the reasons the images are not interchangeable between versions even if a v2 image was small enough in size for a v1 box.

Back