iPhone I'm probably gonna be flamed but...

Man1ac

Inactive User
Reaction score
Don't you guys think the iPhone is over-hyped?
Don't get me wrong, there are some aspects that I totally couldn't do without, like the conversational text messages.
I am the owner of a 2G iPhone, and it has been jailbroken, but I just don't love it as much as when I bought it..[EVIL][/EVIL]
Has anyone else had the same thoughts?

well there defo some features that could be better, like the ringer volume is rubbish.

But no matter how you look at it, like it or not, it has made the rest of the phone producers to sit up and take note, it certanly has raised the bar for mobile phones. Not long after its initial release you seen other companies bring out touch screens without use of a stylus and other fetures.

plus the games you get on it now are far better than anything i have seen on any other phone.

It is over-hyped but it is still a great phone.

It lacked some really useful features like video recording, but you can now do this through 3rd party software 'Cycorder' with sound too now.

I am dissapointed with the latest FW tbh it doesn't really offer much more to the 1st lot of iPhones (2g).

And yes the volume is rubbish no mater what you do to it. I think it is made to be used more with headphones.

according to a recent report, the world wide share of the iphone has decreased since the first version was released - less than 2% now I think.

I would imagine that the major coup for Apple would be to get this into big business now, but at the moment they only seem to support Exchange - I havent seen any mention of Blackberry support at all.

yeah but when steve jobs introduced the ihphone in one of his keynote presentations apple were only hoping for 1% market share. So it has dropped but they still got more than what they wanted in the first year.

its an amazing phone the only phone ive ever had and still liked after alomost a year got my new 3g today :) old one is up for sale if interested

got a iphone 3g was jailbroken the day i got it was board with it after a couple of days ringing volume is shit cant hear it only use it for ipod at mo as car broke down and walking everywhere
the only good thing i found for it is vnc
it should of leased had a memory card slot
text thing is good all phones should change to that
and the voice mail service is good lets you select witch message you want to hear as you allways getting them cause you cant hear the thing ringing

it occurs to me that you only get two types of iphone owner - those that hate it with a passion and apple fanboys.

Bizzare that you never get anyone inbetween.

it occurs to me that you only get two types of iphone owner - those that hate it with a passion and apple fanboys.

Bizzare that you never get anyone inbetween.

I have you on ignore and thought I would just look at what you had to say........ hmmm still trying to incite agruments. Glad I blocked you now.

I take it you are neither of the above, so doe that mean you are an inbetweener?

I am an Apple fanboy, but like I said the iPhone is good but like every phone they all have flaws. I don;t sing it's praises, nor do I say it's a piece of crap.

Thanks for the input.

Personally, I am a fan of the iphone. I dont appreciate all of Apples products and I am not a fanboy (nor would I wish to be).

As for inciting an argument, I shall leave that to you - especially if I am on your ignore list. I fail to see how my comments would cause an argument at all.

iam not a fan of apple at all other than there phone its an amazing bit of kit does everything i need it to

personally i do like the iphone its a great piece of kit but it lacks lots of things i want my phone to have which is why i have a nokia phone and an ipod touch best of both worlds there (well, i like to think so anyway lol)

iam not a fan of apple at all other than there phone its an amazing bit of kit does everything i need it to

as above only had the phone for a few days and it's ticked a lot of my boxes but not all
i still like it loads though.

I am a big Apple Fan used to sell Macs a few years ago, the iphone is pretty good, the touch screed imho is the the best on the market. It could do with adecent Sat Nav application like tom tom to boost its sales. But still lacks a lot of win mobile 6 features

Back