Ice Hockey

I Follow the Nottingham Panthers as I live in Nottingham.

Wade Belak is over hear playing for the Coventry Blaze who look like doing the treble this season. they have already won the league & challenge cup & are in the semi finals of the playoffs.

I think it is about time the leafs lifted lord stanleys cup.

A have a tribute to Wayne Gretzky site @ www.geocities.com/gretzkyuk also check out My British website HOCKEY NET UK @ www.hockeynetuk.co.uk

cheers mick

the nhl is the best ice hockey i used to watch hours of it years ago on the old sat channel screensport i was getting all set for this season on nasn when they went on strike or something not to sure what it's about though suppose somebody want to make more money while us poor paying public have to fork out more to watch it

Yes, used to be an avid fan, of the Fife Flyers went for twelve seasons until I moved south:) in '94

Cant get into this Elite League though as its never on the telly, apart for the playoffs

The NHL lockout is an arse though...:(

But Managed to see Vancouver Giants play Kelwona Rockets on tuesday when I was out in Canada

Vancouver were 0-3 down in the middle of the second and came back to win 4-3.

and as for the Nottingham Panthers, I remember them, when they were nothing, part of the BIHA and monry got the better of them and the joined the "Superleague".....

Yep, the NHL Lockout is doing the players more harm than good, I reckon it will take a few seasons to recover.

One good thing about it, is that it gives the college teams a bit of a boost. I watched an AHL game yesterday between St Johns Maple Leafs & Hamilton Bulldogs on NASN, it wasn't too shabby either.

I've managed to catch the Toronto Maple Leafs beat the Washington Capitals at the Air Canada Centre two years ago. And the year before that it was Chicago Blackhawks getting trounced against the Edmonton Oilers at the United Centre.

As for domestic hockey, I've only been to a couple of games, both were Edinburgh Capitals against the Fife Flyers home & away. The Flyers beat us both times :-(

Nice sites Mick, I was going to say that there's not a lot of fights in the domestic game, but after seeing your site, I'll reconsider.
My favourite slugger is the Leafs very own no-necked Italian enforcer - Tie Domi :)

Back