I need a Gbox expert :-)

witchy

Banned for good!
Reaction score
I'm playing around with a few free servers but I'm getting nowhere.

A guy has sent me his D-line, do I need to send him my M-line?

eg, would i just send him...

M: { mydreambox.dyndns.com { 12345abc }}

or would I need to create a D-line for him which includes my dns address, incoming port / outgoing port ?

Like this....

D: { mydreambox.dyndns.com { 1234 4321 { 12345abc }}}

I'm not sharing, I just want access to his free server, so I assume I don't need to include any share levels with my D-line that I send him?

DynDns and password have been changed from actual ones used. ;)

just add your D: line and it should work. you can add {a0} to the end to prevent your card from being shared

I've added his D: Line to my cwshare.cfg and I've added my own port etc but I still can't get a connection to him, his server is on-line as i can ping it.

What do i need to send back to him?
(remember this is a free share server, he doesn't want access to my shares)

I've sent him this line...

M: { my_dns_address { password }}

Is this all he needs since I'm just leeching from him, surely all he needs is my ip address and my password?

..or will I need to send him a complete D: Line?

D: { my_dns_address { his port my port { my_password { share settings }}}}

Last edited:
hello m8, sory i did'nt reply earlier. give your m line aswell sorry dint mention that earlier. anyway if you need anymore info pm me. i have some other places you can get free servers if you want.

you have to send your m line witchy but you do it in the style of a dline
D: { my_dns_address { his port xxxx { my_password { share settings }}}} i think its the 1st port which is yours i may be wrong its a while since i edited mine(only one you have to open in router/firewall) and he will send you his port in the dline he sends, and you will be used for sharing as it works like torrents do (peer), hope this helps.

Cheers mate, I got it sorted via trial and error the other day. :)

Back