I lose all data on HDD when powered off.

quickcycles

Inactive User
Reaction score
If the box is powered down (by the switch) and I switch it back on I have to initialize the drive again which means all data is lost.

I've heard that you have to 'mount' the drive, I've read a couple of guides to mount a drive but still doesn't fix the issue.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks.

If the box is powered down (by the switch) and I switch it back on I have to initialize the drive again which means all data is lost.

I've heard that you have to 'mount' the drive, I've read a couple of guides to mount a drive but still doesn't fix the issue.

Any help will be gratefully received.

Thanks.

you do realize that these things are pretty much linux computers ?, so just turning it off by the rocker switch without powering it down properly first is not the way to go.

you do realize that these things are pretty much linux computers ?, so just turning it off by the rocker switch without powering it down properly first is not the way to go.

I get that, and that's not what I do - but no matter how you shut it down, if you switch it off you lose all your data because you have to initialize the drive again.

j.

Back