I know now...

Him Her

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
...so, the Parish Councillor asked me to check the electrics in the village chapel.

I only had Sunday morning free so I asked, "Won't that disrupt things?"

"I thought you had one of these new 'no trip' Megger thingies?" says he.

Of course! You can plug it into a socket and set it to 'no trip' and it gives the relevant readings and no-one is any the wiser :)

So I did...

Of course switch-mode power supplies (like what's in computers and amplifiers) have a degree of earth leakage...

...the preacher had a cold.

So he was using the amplifier.

Anyway, I plugged in and set my super-duper Megger to do a 'no-trip' pfc (prospective fault current). The display read 'trp' and the chapel went sort of silent...

About the same time as I heard the 'clack' of an RCD dropping out...

Horrified, I rushed to the CSU (consumer unit) and whacked the RCD back in...clack...press...clack...press...clack...

Bollocks, put the Megger in RCD auto-ramp by mistake...dash back to the Megger...pull the plug...back to the CSU...press...clack...press...clack...

WTF???

So the supply spikes must have upset summat else...sh*t the kitchen - it's the only thing that's doing anything - must be the tea urn!

Anyway, smacked me nose on the door trying to get down the passage - locked. The spikes have triggered the security system and the bolts are in the 'lock' position - I'm locked in the hall. The congregation is locked in the chapel. The preacher is croaking 'Don't panic'.

Suddenly I hear a siren............

...it passes (we're on a main road). It's just an ambulance heading for the next village, apparently some farmer has gotten himself trapped in a brand new combine harvester (sponsored by Exos). They don't read the manual - happens all the time.

Suddenly remember, RCDs can go 'soft' - tap it down, THEN push it back up...press. It STAYS! Thank fook - hear "...let us pray..."

Pack super-duper Megger away and sneak out the back door...

[Disclaimer - I posted in the humour bit this time - it's a clue - with an ELEMENT of truth :)]

Exciting day then, at least you got the job done and got out alive, the vicar would have been happy the electric was sorted, bet he got his vibrating butt plug in the charger straight away hee hee

It's a parody on village life. You couldn't make this stuff up...

Exos made a comment in another post about combine harvesters and it reminded me about a conversation with one of my lads. His missus' father works on a farm, they hired a combine but the idiot didn't know how to use it and summat got stuck so he shoved his arm in to clear the blockage and got dragged in. The ambulance collected the bits. The locals just rolled their eyes and went for a beer. That's the way it works around here. 'Elf and safety may arrive, it may not.

The Parish Council have asked me to service the street lights - that means 24x7 call-outs when some p*ssed up twonker can't find their way home 'cos it's too dark - I told them to b***er off!

The preacher tells the congregation not to sin but most of the time he's high on some recreational chemical...

...the po-faced preacher's missus looks like butter wouldn't melt, until the local builder flexes his biceps!

Lost? You're missing out!

[To be continued]

Fooking hell all you need now mate is a kane dingle and a Paddy the vet and you have a new book :mad:)

If Richard Curtis ever gets writers block whilst trying to create a new series of the Vicar of Dibley he could do worse than casting his eye over your posts of late :lol:

It's a parody on village life. You couldn't make this stuff up...

Exos made a comment in another post about combine harvesters and it reminded me about a conversation with one of my lads. His missus' father works on a farm, they hired a combine but the idiot didn't know how to use it and summat got stuck so he shoved his arm in to clear the blockage and got dragged in. The ambulance collected the bits. The locals just rolled their eyes and went for a beer. That's the way it works around here. 'Elf and safety may arrive, it may not.

The Parish Council have asked me to service the street lights - that means 24x7 call-outs when some p*ssed up twonker can't find their way home 'cos it's too dark - I told them to b***er off!

The preacher tells the congregation not to sin but most of the time he's high on some recreational chemical...

...the po-faced preacher's missus looks like butter wouldn't melt, until the local builder flexes his biceps!

Lost? You're missing out!

[To be continued]

Ffs Have you seen the film the neverending story? :err:

Have you got a "superman" suit :)
Keep the tales comming mate they are entertaining. As they say "Thats entertainment"

Back