i have a funny feeling "key changes are the least of our worries

benny59

DW Regular
Reaction score
i was reading this post a few weeks ago, {this is 1 of many posts ive red with the same problem"}
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am in the exC&W area, and have 2 di4000n boxes here. I eventually got around to building the J-Tag interface, which worked very well, especaly after me getting the unlocking of the cards wrong and writing over the origional image.
I programmed 2 MOSC's for the boxes and got them working fine, that night I dropped 1 of them down to my landlord (trying to keep him happy) and all was good.
The next day he phoned in the evening to say when he had turned the box on that night, all he got was a blank screen. My inital thought was a key change, but it would have beem too quick (although the keys did change the next day) and my other half was watching my 1000 box with no problems. I tryed the 4000 I had here, and it to didn't work.
I spent the next day trying various things on both of the 4000's (allowing for the new key as well), but with no luck, and still all I get is a blank screen. The only thing I did find is that on page 7 of the engineers menu the card staus is{please wait'}, then about evey 10 seconds if flashes up OK for about a second. I then reprogrammed my funcard for 1 of the 4000 boxes, incase the MOSC maybe at fault, but it done the same.
I am now at a loss here, I know the MOSC's are correct because they did work, but why have they become intermittant suddenly. Even the ROM Ver and PPV credit limit are read from the card fine, so the ISO conector is making contact fine.

I have been serching and reading, and I have done as everyone else has been told and done, but with no luck.

Has anyone seen this sort of thing before, or got any more suggestions.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

benny59
ive been working on a 2000 model that went down on a keychange 2 weeks ago on tw {the box is in perfect working order, but only shows the 1 to 5 channels with a perfectly good card}

checked the e/menu to find the upstream was locked {good signal},but the downstream was "unlocked",{card status "please wait"}-----cm broadcasting rangeing fail.

rebooted the box into the e/menu without the card to find the upstream/downstream were both locked {good signal}-----checked the atmels to make sure the box details hadn't been altered--- {you name it ive checked it}

this checks out to be a good box with a good card----and it wont work ??????????????
now i hear the sammys are suffering the same fate on tw with the "please wait"syndrome

any views on this lads

rewrote another dump with diffrent box details to the 2000 and it works {so it seems the old bk details were being blocked}

doesn't sound too good on the sammy front either ?

Hi benny59, I think I'm having the same problem with 1000 model how did u get around the problem

I think when we all have to worry is when we see a lot of the same problem all of a sudden. Of coursse there are going to be common problms, mistakes and hardware failures but these are all expected.

More realistic is the thought that once they've had their fun rolling and make most people go au, they will then move on and tackle that. Then who knows where, dboxes?

The most we can hope for is that we are at least a step ahead of them and that their progress is slow. However we're already doing things that a while ago were considered impossible.

hi lads, Ok i have just tryd to program a rom10 auto update image on a rom10 card, Everything gos well only now theres no channels, its the same image i have used befor with no probs and yet if i do the same with a rom11 all works its just the rom10 cards that don't seem to work all of a suden, Can anyone shed some light on this please.

Thanks
for got to say the boxes are pace 4010 s

Back