HTC One Mini frozen at boot

Clinkers

Inactive User
Reaction score
Lo peeps.

Got the missus a HTC One Mini in Feb, but last week when it asked to update the system, it downloaded it all but when rebooting, goes to the white Beats intro screen and hangs. Ive tried doing a factory reset and a recovery, but the same thing happens each time. There's a small chip in the bottom corner so the phone shop where we bought it says it has to go back to be repaired (not covered under warranty) as they will fix EVERYTHING, not just get it working again. Thats a minmum of £150 they said: £28 just to look at the feckin thing!

Anyone have a problem like this before that they managed to fix, otherwise it stays as a paperweight!

Cheers

When my HTC m7 boot looped I had to connect to pc and use fastboot command to erase the cache or something like that. I followd instructions off xda

why is it not under warrenty if its only 6 month old?

why is it not under warrenty if its only 6 month old?
thats what I said@ because of the chip in the screen (which isnt warranty covered) they said it all has to be repaired.

When my HTC m7 boot looped I had to connect to pc and use fastboot command to erase the cache or something like that. I followd instructions off xda
Thanks seanicca, I'll have a go of that

thats what I said@ because of the chip in the screen (which isnt warranty covered) they said it all has to be repaired.

well i wouldn't accept that m8

thats like buying a new car which has a faulty engine part..
and the car manufacturer refusing to fix it cause you scratched the bumper???

sure the shop aint fobbing you off?

It was the missus went down with it: sounds like bullshit to me as well, but when i rang HTC, they told me that if a phone goes to them for repair, they repair everything, and as the chip was her fault (no case, never bother to get one even though I warned her!) from her car keys, that would be repaired as well. Full whack. If this doesn't work I think ill try the small claims court.

how can they get away with that?

so basically if you scratch your screen , the warrenty is invalid?

i would send it back with explicit instructions that no-one is to alter the screen...

failing that, contact trading standerds...

the way i see it is, if you send it to htc they will repair it free of charge as it has developed a fault after an update, and its under warrantym BUT you said you chipped the bottom of the device, now what they gonna say is you dropped it and damaged it hence it wont boot up, i suppose you send it to htc and they may repair it ot basically reflash it again like they did to my htc m7 when the volume dropped and camera had black bits in it...i think it will cost you around £28 for htc to look at it and if you dont want it repaired it will be sent back to you..wish you luck mate..

the way i see it is, if you send it to htc they will repair it free of charge as it has developed a fault after an update, and its under warrantym BUT you said you chipped the bottom of the device, now what they gonna say is you dropped it and damaged it hence it wont boot up, i suppose you send it to htc and they may repair it ot basically reflash it again like they did to my htc m7 when the volume dropped and camera had black bits in it...i think it will cost you around £28 for htc to look at it and if you dont want it repaired it will be sent back to you..wish you luck mate..

Yeah, that's basically it. The shop (Meteor) said £150 (or euro, it was the missus went there), and I rang HTC and they said £28 just to look at it. I asked for it to just be fixed so it would boot, it happened during a system update, and NOT to fi the screen, but they said that once it goes to them, they fix everything, no exceptions, so I'd have to pay for the screen to be repaired as well. Im going to give that flash clear cache thingy a go that seanicca mentioned (just looking it up now) and illl report back.

Cheers all

Yeah, that's basically it. The shop (Meteor) said £150 (or euro, it was the missus went there), and I rang HTC and they said £28 just to look at it. I asked for it to just be fixed so it would boot, it happened during a system update, and NOT to fi the screen, but they said that once it goes to them, they fix everything, no exceptions, so I'd have to pay for the screen to be repaired as well. Im going to give that flash clear cache thingy a go that seanicca mentioned (just looking it up now) and illl report back.

Cheers all

did you manage to get this fixed?

Hi folks. No, not fixed yet. Did the clear cache/factory reset, still no luck. I've downloaded some program (eclipse/ellipse?, can't remember, still in work) and have to try to figure out how to use that to reset the phone. I'll keep you posted

Hi All

Sorry for not getting back on this: a lot happened in the last few weeks in real life.

Short story, Im stuck with the phone. Talked to the Consumers Affairs and they said as the phone is already visibly damaged, I cant prove that whatever caused that didnt also cause the boot loop, so Id have to send it to HTC for repair and pay for it.

I managed to rummage out an old phone for herself and shes using that now, but Im going to try one of the phone repair shops to get it going. A close friend of ours died two weeks back, and we have some of images of him and us on the HTC One mini. Of course, herself didnt have the (FREE!) dropbox backup enabled so they are only on the phone, which is a sealed unit so I cant take out the SD card.

Anyway, thanks for all your help, much appreciated.

Back